"Byron Bay- Music and Arts" Top 5 Page for this destination Byron Bay by grantravel

Byron Bay Travel Guide: 172 reviews and 327 photos

Most Eastern Point of Australia

Byron Bay is one of Australia's most popular destinations and has been a magnet for people seeking alternative lifestyles since the 60's. The beauty of the beaches and hinterland make it a perfect place to visit.

The many beaches around Byron Bay offer clean warm water and the chance to see dolphins regularly and whales May through October.

Alot of people say that Byron has changed dramatically over the past 10-20 years, maybe so, but I still believe it has got an atmosphere like nowhere else I've been. I have to admit it has got alot of tourists going through this place, maybe it didn't have as many 20 years ago.

Attractions and Activities

Some of Byron Bay's many sites and activities include Cape Byron Lighthouse, Markets, galleries and craft shops. There's also heaps of funky cafes and restaurants to choose from.

Music Festivals & Events

Byron Bay has a number of annual music festivals including Splendour in the Grass & East Coast Blues & Roots Festival.

• Last visit to Byron Bay: Jul 2004
  • Intro Updated Jan 12, 2006

• Feb 17, 2007 at 2:58 PM

Hi mate Found Virtual Tourist an hour ago and joined to see what i could find on byron(old home town). I flipped my lid when i saw your pic of Xavier Rudd! I was there!! And by the looks of it, standing not far back (and to the right a bit)!! Crazy, eh?!

• Jun 20, 2006 at 3:12 AM

"Only in Byron Bay!" can you order pizza on a quiet night.. I placed the call: "Hi can I order home delivery to Suffolk Park please" Answer: "ah you bastard" Priceless!!.. I paid with Mastercard :P M

• aussiedoug's Profile Photo
    Nov 30, 2005 at 5:05 AM

Good tips on the Bay Grant! Where did you grow up mate? I went to college in Lismore for 3 years so I know this are a bit (not as well as I used to. lol!)

• leffe3's Profile Photo
    Sep 29, 2005 at 1:05 AM

Yeah - Great Northern was always rocking. Its a great chill out place - but haven't been to the festivals when I would imagine the expereince is very different :)

• Amelei's Profile Photo
    Feb 1, 2005 at 7:54 PM

Go the Bay! Love it there. Beautiful beaches, Ode to the Beach hotel on those lazy Sunday afternoons! ~Amelei~

grantravel

“Don't wait until its too late...go now!!!”

Badges & Stats in Byron Bay

Have you been to Byron Bay?

Latest Activity in Byron Bay