"Gold Coast - My Home" Top 5 Page for this destination Gold Coast by grantravel

Gold Coast Travel Guide: 838 reviews and 1,796 photos

The Gold Coast has got good reason for attracting alot of tourists. It's a region of contrasts, from the beaches and ocean estuaries to the lush sub-tropical mountains and valleys of the hinterland.

A sweeping coastline offers a spectacular stretch of patrolled surf beaches that are amongst the best in the world. The coastal strip also has a wide choice of accommodation, shopping, dining and live entertainment.

The Gold Coast is also Australia's theme park capital with fun awaiting you at Dreamworld (Big Brother House), Warner Bros Movie World, Sea World and Wet'n'Wild Water Park.

Come face to face with Aussie wildlife (koalas, kangaroos, emus, wallabies and wombats) at a host of local nature parks such as Currumbin Sanctuary, Fleay's Wildlife Park and Pioneer Plantation.

Just a 20-minute drive from the beachfront, the Hinterland offers a wide range of activities (bushwalking, swimming, hang gliding, abseiling, 4WD tours etc.) in the many national parks and nature reserves.

Sub-tropical climate, surfing beaches, golf courses, theme parks, shopping, casino, nightlife, tropical rainforests and fishing are just a few of the attractions and activities available to visitors.

Don't forget about the many events that occur here throughout the year, Gold Coast Indy 300, Magic Millions horse race and the Big Day Out music festival just to name a few.

Hopefully by reading through my pages and tips, I hope I can give you a local’s perspective of the Gold Coast that can be useful if you are thinking about coming to visit my home town.

• Pros:Fun, Sun, Surf, Relax
  • Cons:Too many tourists ;-)
  • In a nutshell:Beautiful weather oneday, perfect the next!
  • Intro Updated Aug 27, 2009

• wise23girl's Profile Photo
    Sep 19, 2012 at 9:46 PM

Nice page and good info....

• Aug 25, 2010 at 1:48 AM

Hi, I was just enquiring about your open-top double decker bus. i have my yr 12 grad on the gold coast, and was wondering if we are able to hire you to take us, if so what your prices would be. hope to hear back from you, thank you Jessie Temple-Smith

• Mr.Sparkle's Profile Photo
    Jul 8, 2009 at 10:42 PM

hey, i like your tips. I will in the area in Sept. i've got a few local friends i'm gonna catch up with and i thought it would cool to a VT meet, on the friday the 18 of sept.

• hando4949's Profile Photo
    Feb 17, 2008 at 10:08 PM

Your site near made me homesick, left Carara 10 yrs ago to travel

• Nov 26, 2007 at 5:12 PM

I noticed double decker bus and was wondering if it would be avail for corporate charter ? please let me know eitherway 0418 150 731 regards david

• Jul 17, 2006 at 5:57 AM

do u know of any alternative music clubs? like rock,metal,indie, punk, in surfers ? plz thanx x

• pflame's Profile Photo
    Mar 10, 2006 at 2:41 PM

wow its great 2 know that theres a palce called gold coast, well i envy the name, cos thats the former name of my country, our first prez foolishly had 2 change it,how much i miss em good old days.

• robertgaz's Profile Photo
    Jan 26, 2006 at 11:25 PM

Great tips Grant! I'll probably be heading your way some later this year.

• aussirose's Profile Photo
    Dec 29, 2005 at 11:07 PM

G'day Grant. What fabulous pages matey!! I reckon you've covered just about everything!! Excellant job!! Cheers, Ann :o)

• wathy's Profile Photo
    Dec 29, 2005 at 8:50 AM

Hi Grant~ Thanks for great tips in your Gold Coast Page. It helps me a lot!!

grantravel Lives Here!

grantravel

“Don't wait until its too late...go now!!!”

Badges & Stats in Gold Coast

Have you been to Gold Coast?

Latest Activity in Gold Coast