"Gold Coast - My Home" Top 5 Page for this destination Gold Coast by grantravel
Gold Coast Travel Guide: 838 reviews and 1,796 photos
The Gold Coast has got good reason for attracting alot of tourists. It's a region of contrasts, from the beaches and ocean estuaries to the lush sub-tropical mountains and valleys of the hinterland.
A sweeping coastline offers a spectacular stretch of patrolled surf beaches that are amongst the best in the world. The coastal strip also has a wide choice of accommodation, shopping, dining and live entertainment.
The Gold Coast is also Australia's theme park capital with fun awaiting you at Dreamworld (Big Brother House), Warner Bros Movie World, Sea World and Wet'n'Wild Water Park.
Come face to face with Aussie wildlife (koalas, kangaroos, emus, wallabies and wombats) at a host of local nature parks such as Currumbin Sanctuary, Fleay's Wildlife Park and Pioneer Plantation.
Just a 20-minute drive from the beachfront, the Hinterland offers a wide range of activities (bushwalking, swimming, hang gliding, abseiling, 4WD tours etc.) in the many national parks and nature reserves.
Sub-tropical climate, surfing beaches, golf courses, theme parks, shopping, casino, nightlife, tropical rainforests and fishing are just a few of the attractions and activities available to visitors.
Don't forget about the many events that occur here throughout the year, Gold Coast Indy 300, Magic Millions horse race and the Big Day Out music festival just to name a few.
Hopefully by reading through my pages and tips, I hope I can give you a local’s perspective of the Gold Coast that can be useful if you are thinking about coming to visit my home town.
- Pros:Fun, Sun, Surf, Relax
- Cons:Too many tourists ;-)
- In a nutshell:Beautiful weather oneday, perfect the next!
As a local and my family is from the outback, I have seen this show and believe it is well worth your while to check it... more travel advice
Sanctuary Cove is Australia’s first integrated tourism resort. This region offers prestige housing, riverfront... more travel advice
- See All Ten Pin Bowling!!
- Slip / Slop / Slap !!!
- Big Day Out !
- South Stadbroke Island Getaway !
grantravel's Related Pages
Gold Coast Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "BEAUTIFUL SANDY BEACHES, THIS IS THE GOLD COAST!"
- "Gold Coast"
- "Gold Coast - My Home"
- "Australia’s GOLD COAST"
- "Home Town"
- "Hi from Sunny Gold Coast"
- "Anything goes land"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Gold Coast
- Hotels in Gold Coast
- Transportation in Gold Coast
- Nightlife in Gold Coast
- Restaurants in Gold Coast
- Shopping in Gold Coast
- Warnings and Dangers in Gold Coast
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Gold Coast
- 47 Reviews
- 60 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 20 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Gold Coast?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Gold Coast
- updated a Gold Coast Travel Page "Gold Coast - My Home"
- Commented on one of iandsmith's Gold Coast travel pages
- Wrote a Review Australian Outback Spectacular about Theme Parks. in Gold Coast Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Australian Outback Spectacular"
- Posted in Travel San Francisco Forum "Alcatraz"
Photos in Gold CoastSee All Photos (60)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gold Coast Intro, 47 reviews, 61 photos
- Melbourne Intro, 31 reviews, 61 photos, 4 travelogues
- Los Angeles Intro, 11 reviews, 43 photos
- London Intro, 8 reviews, 37 photos
- San Diego Intro, 8 reviews, 36 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Surfers Paradise 20 reviews, 20 photos
- State of Queensland Intro, 17 reviews, 22 photos
- Sydney Intro, 10 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Byron Bay Intro, 11 reviews, 15 photos
- Starigrad Intro, 11 reviews, 12 photos