"The port that was: Westpost NZ" Westport by dutchboycalledjan
Westport Travel Guide: 30 reviews and 50 photos
Westport, on the west (sic) side of the South Island used to be a (small) port town. I understood that changes in tidal and economic currents cut short a promising future.
At this point, the main road turns away from the coast, to follow the Bull river, in the direction of the East and North part of the South Island. Clearly, there is space available, as the streets are very wide indeed. You can turn here a car with a caravan in one time. We stayed here for one night, as we couldn't drive south, and decided to go to the Operara Bassin the next morning.
Much to our surprise, Westport has a very good restaurant and dito coffee bar.
- Pros:Wide streets, space, gateway to the North of the South
- Cons:A bit - je ne sais quoi - lost in time and space
This small place - a hall, way, two small living rooms - knows about the art of coffee making. And contains art,... more travel advice
dutchboycalledjan's Related Pages
Westport Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "WESTPORT & SURROUNDS"
- "Wesport - start of Lewis and Arthur's Passes"
- "The port that was: Westpost NZ"
- "Westport, NZ"
- "Westport on the West Coast of the South Island"
- "Westport, West Coast of South Island, New Zealand"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Westport
- Hotels in Westport
- Transportation in Westport
- Nightlife in Westport
- Restaurants in Westport
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Westport
- 2 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Westport?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Westport
Photos in WestportSee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Cairo Intro, 20 reviews, 30 photos
- Luxor Intro, 12 reviews, 25 photos
- Petra Intro, 9 reviews, 28 photos
- Xi'an Intro, 11 reviews, 20 photos
- Crete Island Intro, 7 reviews, 20 photos
- Basel Intro, 10 reviews, 17 photos
- Bergama Intro, 8 reviews, 19 photos
- Wellington Intro, 7 reviews, 19 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 9 reviews, 12 photos
- Beijing 8 reviews, 13 photos