"Aaah, the suburbs..." Skokie by ani10881
Skokie Travel Guide: 7 reviews and 2 photos
Skokie is a suburb just north of Chicago, IL. (It was also the name of a short-lived local punk-ska band).
What I like most about this town is the fact there are 2 great Jewish bakeries/deli's that are incredibly close to my place.
1. Kaufman's (pumpernickel bagels!)
2. Chaim's (tofutti)
There's a fairly big open-air mall in Skokie, but (no offense!) it's not that interesting to me. Probably because I hung out there all the time when I was 15. Or maybe I just don't want to shop much.
This is a pretty safe town, very low-key. Luckily, Chicago is very close by. It only takes about 10 minutes on the CTA yellow line to get to the north side of Chicago.
- Pros:Village Creamery, safe area
- Cons:Not a whole lot to do.
Fresh produce, and a great deli. You can get all kinds of ethnic foods here- from "American" to Asian to Eastern... more travel advice
Beware- the Skokie Swift does NOT run on the weekends. And on the weekdays, service quits at about 10pm. If you need to... more travel advice
ani10881's Related Pages
Skokie Travel Guide
- Transportation in Skokie
- Nightlife in Skokie
- Restaurants in Skokie
- Shopping in Skokie
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Skokie
- 4 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Skokie?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Skokie
Photos in SkokieSee All Photos (1)
Top 10 Pages
- Chicago Intro, 9 reviews, 5 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 3 reviews, 8 photos
- Evanston Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 5 reviews, 5 photos
- Dublin Intro, 2 reviews, 8 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sligo Intro, 1 review, 8 photos, 1 travelogue
- Amsterdam Intro, 3 reviews, 3 photos
- Seoul Intro, 1 review, 4 photos, 1 travelogue
- Skokie Intro, 4 reviews, 1 photo
- Oslo Intro, 4 photos, 1 travelogue