"Beautiful, Quaint & Charming" Carmel-by-the-Sea by Sandi-2004

Carmel-by-the-Sea Travel Guide: 378 reviews and 1,055 photos

Very Different from Other Villages

The quaint charm of Carmel-by-the-Sea is endearing. You want to keep going back to enjoy it's beauty again. I have wonderful memories of being there the first time with my two friends on a trip to CA from Florida where I lived at the time. And I've had many enjoyable visits since then whenever friends or relatives come to visit. Carmel is full of charming streets, shops, restaurants, flowers, art galleries.

• In a nutshell:Magical
  • Last visit to Carmel-by-the-Sea: Jul 1997
  • Intro Updated Aug 9, 2005

• hotlipz's Profile Photo
    Jun 21, 2008 at 3:48 PM

Will definitely visit the Tuck Box the next time I visit Carmel!

• Tugboatguy's Profile Photo
    Aug 2, 2005 at 12:23 AM

Hi Sandi, Had the good fortune to take a house in 1998 at the point just a block from town where they had addresses on the houses. Fabulous living a block from the ocean for a week. What a quaint town, but oversupplied with art galleries. Doug

• RhondaRuth's Profile Photo
    Dec 30, 2004 at 12:07 PM

Is sure does look like a beautiful spot. It's been so long since I've been in California ... I do miss it. but I've never been much north of Los Angelas. Maybe someday. Thanks for sharing your trip.

• ratherton's Profile Photo
    Dec 3, 2004 at 11:32 PM

Carmel sounds a lovely place to visit. I'll have to add it to my ever-growing list of places to visit

• Jeannette1's Profile Photo
    Dec 1, 2004 at 10:00 AM

Yes, Carmel is a beautiful place. Too bad it's become so popular and pricey :-(

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Nov 25, 2004 at 2:09 AM

A short but wonderful page on Carmel. That hotel by the sea does sound very appealing! As you say, this town is a 'must see' spot if one is ever in the area! I really enjoyed its beaches too.

• pepples46's Profile Photo
    Nov 13, 2004 at 10:35 AM

you're right Sandi, this is a very charming place and lovely presented for VT and us. tks for sharing

• sue_stone's Profile Photo
    Nov 4, 2004 at 12:00 AM

Looks like a really nice place to be able to go back to for visits : ))

• bijo69's Profile Photo
    Nov 2, 2004 at 3:26 AM

Must be really a wonderful place! Thanks a lot for visiting my pages and your lovely comments!

• gilabrand's Profile Photo
    Nov 2, 2004 at 12:50 AM

Haifa is the original Carmel-by-the-Sea!

Sandi-2004

“What you can do, or think you can, begin it."”

Badges & Stats in Carmel-by-the-Sea

Have you been to Carmel-by-the-Sea?

Friends