"Casablanca - As Time Goes By" Wilaya de Casablanca by VZ-Pam

Wilaya de Casablanca Travel Guide: 543 reviews and 1,429 photos

No trace of Humphrey Bogart but a Rainbow

A rainbow outside of Hassan II Mosque after a down pour in early November.....What a beautiful scene. For a minute, I was thinking there was something at the end of the rainbow. Somewhere over the rainbow someone smiling at me & I want to fly over it to heaven...what a fit outside such a beautiful mosque ! Although I am not religious but I felt the power right there from heaven with the light shine upon me from the sky out of the rain clouds - What a beautiful world ~ Ha I guess somewhere there will be a hole for me to fall into & suck into hell...Yikes ! I better watch my steps !

Although the weather during my trip in Casablanca was stormy & rainy, I was glad that I saw this rainbow by this stunning white marble tall mosque surrounded by the Corniche seaside.

The Corniche seaside has a nice view of the Atlantic Ocean.
I waved to the north-west direction & I was hoping my friends at home - New York could see me. It was just a "Sarah Palin" kind of act and I just thought New York "USA" is a next door neighbor country that I can see how my babies doing from Casalanca - It's right over the sea & right next to the ocean border. I think I made myself a fool for a moment :)

Was it just a moment or am I always a fool ?

I will know "as time goes by " ~

Yeah I forgot to show U the tall Mosque -here u go

Ooops, it is not as white as I described but its made of white marble and the weather wasn't that great that day when I took the picture. It was late in the afternoon and the sunset made it look a bit ivory .

Notre-Dame de Lourdes - Catholic Church

Stunning Stain Glass inside the church.

One of the stain glass I found interesting as shown here. I am not a very artisitic, but it is an interesting piece with a lot of diversity - at least to me.
I see a black african, asian man, a native american indian, a white man & a moroccan ??
Fascinating

• Pros:Breezy Seaside City & one of the Gateway to Morocco
  • Cons:I see satellite dishes more than white houses & monuments
  • Last visit to Wilaya de Casablanca: Nov 2008
  • Intro Updated Nov 9, 2008

• FridgeMagnet's Profile Photo
    Jun 2, 2010 at 2:48 AM

I have to go to Morocco. Thanks for making it look interesting.

• Fullmoonfever's Profile Photo
    Apr 3, 2010 at 6:38 AM

Good Morning

• adema29's Profile Photo
    Mar 5, 2010 at 9:26 AM

Your "Rainbow outside of Hassan II Mosque" is beautiful!

• jumpingnorman's Profile Photo
    Nov 26, 2009 at 7:49 AM

Amazing trip to Morocco!!! One on my looooong wishlist...and that intro pic with rainbow is amazing. But will have to stay away from that overpriced store near Medina, hehehe...I'll just haggle. Norman:)

• csordila's Profile Photo
    Jan 8, 2009 at 6:04 AM

I would really like to visit here someday. Your rainbow photo has charmed me totally! Congratulations! By the way, many thanks for visiting my Budapest page! Best. Laszlo

• Redang's Profile Photo
    Dec 13, 2008 at 6:40 AM

Great pic/rainbow!

• SLLiew's Profile Photo
    Dec 4, 2008 at 12:56 AM

Yes, you have an eye for great photos. Hope to visit Casablanca one day - made famous by the movie.

• betska's Profile Photo
    Nov 23, 2008 at 6:16 PM

Welcome back Pam. I love the rainbow-mosque photo. It's almost like a painting.

• sourbugger's Profile Photo
    Nov 16, 2008 at 7:52 AM

glad you got to see the mosque - i tried to during it's buiding, but failed.

• vinc_bilb's Profile Photo
    Nov 11, 2008 at 1:33 PM

Good! Notre-Dame de Lourdes ? Oh, I'm surprized by this french heritage ...

VZ-Pam

“To hell with circumstances; I create opportunities”

Badges & Stats in Wilaya de Casablanca

Have you been to Wilaya de Casablanca?

Latest Activity in Wilaya de Casablanca