"Egypt - an exciting place to go" Egypt by VZ-Pam
Egypt Travel Guide: 16,140 reviews and 41,336 photos
There are so many ancient mysteries of ancient egyptian technologies and knowledges from the monuments which pointed that a high civilization was once existed about 5500+ years ago. Even with modern technologies, many questions of how these ancient great people built these monuments still remain a mystery.
At the same time, I think the modern egypt has a lot to offer us to see and learn, the way how they live, the way they trade and the way how the family,religion and traditions affected their lives that the western world do not understand.
As seen over here, We flew stay in Cairo for one day, then we fly to Aswan, then we board the Nile River Cruise to go down stream to Luxor. We stayed in Luxor 2 days & then we flew back to Cairo .
The stone statues that I bought. My vendor claimed they are all made of stones & I told him I believed they were not stones. Then he burnt the bottom part of the stone sculptures & told me it proof they are not plastics. Yeah I said bottom is stone but the rest are not....ha ha ha he flipped & just told me I was too much & he treated me as a friend but I doubted him. OMG he went non-stop, so I just bought them after a 10 minute battle of haggling session. Yeah we verbally agreed to a peace treaty & so I got his so called beloved goodies & aggressive egyptian vendor got my money & a pen as a gift. I started to think about that story of how the French got the priceless Obelisk from Karnak Temple by trading the Egyptian with a broken clock tower as a gift to the Citadel. OK.....which one represent me...hummmmm....I need to think really deep about it......
- Pros:Fascinating ancient Monuments captivate your sensors
- Cons:Pollution & horrible traffic in Cairo & merchants that drive people nuts
I rarely see a price tag in Egypt. If you do, what kind of numerals you expect to see & know what you should pay ? I... more travel advice
While in Egypt, why not try some ice cream in Egypt ! I tried this Nestle brand in Egypt...Its hazelnut icecream with... more travel advice
VZ-Pam's Related Pages
Egypt Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "EGYPT - DECODING THE PAST"
- "Egypt- "Welcome to Egypt, Where's my tip? ""
- "Small pieces of a beautiful dream"
- "Another point of view on history of Egypt"
- "Paul2001's Egypt Page"
- "Nile Cruise- experience the Pharaonic times &Sharm"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Egypt
- Hotels in Egypt
- Transportation in Egypt
- Nightlife in Egypt
- Restaurants in Egypt
- Shopping in Egypt
- Warnings and Dangers in Egypt
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Egypt
- 23 Reviews
- 44 Photos
- 7 Forum posts
- 3 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Egypt?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Egypt
Top 10 Pages
- New York City Intro, 30 reviews, 66 photos, 10 travelogues
- Iceland Intro, 17 reviews, 42 photos, 3 travelogues
- Madrid Intro, 10 reviews, 29 photos, 3 travelogues
- Egypt Intro, 12 reviews, 14 photos
- Philadelphia Intro, 6 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Budapest Fovaros Intro, 5 reviews, 13 photos, 3 travelogues
- Aswan Intro, 2 reviews, 15 photos, 4 travelogues
- Cairo Intro, 7 reviews, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Fes Intro, 5 reviews, 10 photos
- Wilaya de Meknes Intro, 2 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue