Brooklyn Off The Beaten Path Tips by VZ-Pam
Brooklyn Off The Beaten Path: 23 reviews and 27 photos
The exhibits on FLR 1
It is a new free admission museum opened in Nov 2011.
The museum was inside Building 92 inside Brooklyn Navy Yard, where they built big navy ships there. A lot of movies were also made in the area like "Knight & Day"
The museum will give you an insight into the history and devlopment of the navy yard & Brooklyn, but if you want to tour the yard, you may need to join a tour. So far I only know "Urban Oyster" run a private tour (about $18 to $30) to bring people around the yard.
I put this in Off-The-Beaten path because it is not near to any other tourist place. The nearest one is Fulton Landling and Brooklyn Bridge Park, but I would recommend you to take a bus, as it is at least 35 min walk from the navy yard and the streets are not in the safest area.
The Brooklyn Navy yard is now next to the housing projects by Sands St, so I do not recommend tourists attempting to walk there on foot.
You can take the weekend free shuttle operated by Jay St & Willoughby St from 12-6p
VZ-Pam's Related Pages
Brooklyn Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Brooklyn can't be Beat"
- "NYC's unlikely destination"
- "I was born in this town...."
- "A stop along the way"
- "Another NYC Borough"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Brooklyn
- Hotels in Brooklyn
- Transportation in Brooklyn
- Nightlife in Brooklyn
- Restaurants in Brooklyn
- Shopping in Brooklyn
- Warnings and Dangers in Brooklyn
- See All...
Explore the World
- Grindstone Island Hotels
- Simhachalam Hotels
- Hessisch Oldendorf
- Lido di Mondello Hotels
- Liverpool Hotels
- Torre del Mar
Badges & Stats in Brooklyn
- 1 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Brooklyn?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Brooklyn
Top 10 Pages
- New York City Intro, 30 reviews, 66 photos, 10 travelogues
- Iceland Intro, 17 reviews, 42 photos, 3 travelogues
- Madrid Intro, 10 reviews, 29 photos, 3 travelogues
- Egypt Intro, 12 reviews, 14 photos
- Philadelphia Intro, 6 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Budapest Fovaros Intro, 5 reviews, 13 photos, 3 travelogues
- Aswan Intro, 2 reviews, 15 photos, 4 travelogues
- Cairo Intro, 7 reviews, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Fes Intro, 5 reviews, 10 photos
- Wilaya de Meknes Intro, 2 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
Travel InterestsSee All Travel Interests (5)
Latest Brooklyn hotel reviews
- Comfort Inn Brooklyn Bridge
- 115 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 30, 2013
- Atlantic Motor Inn
- 8 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 12, 2009
- Marriott New York City Brooklyn Bridge
- 703 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 16, 2013
- Linden Motor Inn
- 3 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jan 22, 2013
- Imperial Hotel
- 7 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Aug 29, 2011
- Galaxy Motel
- 15 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 15, 2013
- Hotel Le Bleu
- 383 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 15, 2013
- Howard Johnson Hotel Brooklyn
- 32 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 10, 2013
- The Sofia Inn
- 43 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 8, 2013
- Baisley House Bed and Breakfast
- 13 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 4, 2011
- Lafayette International Hostel
- 10 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Feb 18, 2011
- Brooklyn Botanical Garden- 7 Reviews, 10 Photos
- Coney Island- 15 Reviews, 11 Photos
- New York Aquarium- 5 Reviews, 13 Photos
- Brooklyn Heights Promenade- 3 Reviews, 7 Photos
- Prospect Park- 7 Reviews, 11 Photos
- Brooklyn Bridge- 7 Reviews, 5 Photos
- Williamsburg Bridge- 3 Reviews, 2 Photos
- Fulton Ferry Landing- 2 Reviews, 4 Photos
- Park Slope District- 2 Reviews, 2 Photos
- Brooklyn Museum of Art- 4 Reviews, 3 Photos
See All Brooklyn Things to Do