"Woodbridge and Sutton Hoo" Woodbridge by alucas
Woodbridge Travel Guide: 23 reviews and 53 photos
I've started this page on Woodbridge purely because it is the nearest town to Sutton Hoo. To be honest, I don't think I've ever actually been into the middle of Woodbridge, only driven around the bypass on the way to Bawdsey, Orford, Aldeburgh or Southwold along the Suffolk coast.
Sutton Hoo is a famous Saxon burial site which was discovered in 1939, and both the site and the treasure found buried there were donated to the nation by the owners of the land. The site is now owned by the National Trust and is open for visitors, along with a splendid visitor centre.
As at all National Trust properties, there is a shop selling all sorts of things, from books to postcards - so nothing... more travel advice
alucas' Related Pages
Woodbridge Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Woodbridge: perfect for a short break in Suffolk"
- "Woodbridge and Sutton Hoo"
- "Woodbridge, Suffolk"
- "Woodbridge: An East Anglia Fishing Town"
- "East Anglia"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Woodbridge
- 3 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Woodbridge?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Woodbridge
Photos in WoodbridgeSee All Photos (18)
Top 10 Pages
- Santorini Island Intro, 29 reviews, 147 photos, 5 travelogues
- London Intro, 30 reviews, 129 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jerez de la Frontera Intro, 37 reviews, 110 photos, 5 travelogues
- Verona Intro, 35 reviews, 94 photos, 3 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 21 reviews, 92 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Úbeda Intro, 22 reviews, 64 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lucca Intro, 33 reviews, 48 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Colchester Intro, 13 reviews, 61 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wimbledon Intro, 14 reviews, 41 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Toledo Intro, 18 reviews, 33 photos, 2 travelogues