"Jaen - castles, churches and olive groves" Top 5 Page for this destination Jaén by alucas

Jaén Travel Guide: 52 reviews and 149 photos

I moved all my previous info from this page to my Banos page, in preparation for a full re-write. Apologies to those of you who have temporarily lost your "top five" - it won't be for long, I'm sure !

We decided to visit Jaen whilst we were staying in Ubeda - it's not that far away, and I particularly wanted to visit the castle and the cathedral. However, we had to go to the post office in Ubeda before we left, and as a result we were a little late in arriving in Jaen - it was almost noon when we drove into the city. The traffic was very heavy and there were road-works holding up the traffic. We didn't have a map of the city (MOST unusual for me) and so headed towards the centre, hoping to spot a sign for a car-park, or if we were really lucky, find a space on the street. It wasn't to be our day though, and we found ourselves diverted away from the centre and stuck on a road heading back out again with no way of turning round. So we decided to go to Banos de la Encina to see the castle there again.

We to Jaen returned later in the afternoon, before the traffic built up, and headed for the Parador and castle. On the way back, we managed to find the Cathedral quite easily, but of course we were too late - it wasn't open - and we still couldn't park. Still as Liz says "always leave something to go back to" !!!

• Last visit to Jaén: May 2006
  • Intro Updated May 25, 2006

alucas

“Don't just talk about it - go book those flights !”

Badges & Stats in Jaén