"Marbella is quiet in May. Are you sure ?" Marbella by alucas

Marbella Travel Guide: 568 reviews and 2,067 photos

The Marbella Meet has been and gone. Many thanks to Carmen and Stace for all their hard work, and for their stamina in enduring what ended up as three weeks of partying. It was a wonderful weekend, and great to meet so many old and new friends, especially for the first time those who were familiar through VT.

We planned our main holiday around the meeting, and so after 13 nights, 5 hotels, 1600 km of driving and over 900 photos we both had to do some serious page-building (and still haven't finished!). The trip included visits to Jerez (again !), Ubeda, Baeza, Jaen, Arcos de la Frontera and the Costa de la Luz, as well as two more days back in Jerez for the Feria del Caballo, one of the largest Ferias in Andalucia. Stace, Carmen, Hansi and Lori joined us on the Saturday afternoon, and between us we must have taken several hundred photos and Hansi couldn't (or wouldn't) put the video camera down. It was a really special day, and will take a lot of work to write up and do it justice.

The group photo - taken after lunch on the Sunday. Many people are missing from this photo - some had left, others were on day-trips.

The postcard I arranged for jenniflower - with (almost) everyone's signatures

• Pros:You meet some great people in Marbella
  • Last visit to Marbella: May 2006
  • Intro Updated Jun 23, 2007

• kymbanm's Profile Photo
    Jun 14, 2006 at 7:24 AM

I was looking at my wonderful Marbella postcard last night ... so today before work I decided to wander this way to view your pages again! *sigh* Why Oh Why does airfare have to cost so much??

• Dabs's Profile Photo
    Jun 4, 2006 at 7:36 PM

Hi Andrew, thanks for stopping by my Marbella page! Baltoberfest is next up for me, why don't you guys come over for it? ;-) Or you can come over to Pierogifest with Hansi and Lori....

• Jun 4, 2006 at 1:19 PM

Hi Andrew,great pics,looks like you had a fab time,would have loved to have been there, Lynda : )

• hotsauce28's Profile Photo
    May 25, 2006 at 4:26 PM

NAMES!! i need names with the faces!! Great pics Andrew! wow, i didn't realize how many of you guys were there!

• jag17's Profile Photo
    May 24, 2006 at 8:08 AM

It looks like you all had a great time! I'm jealous I wasn't able to attend. Maybe next year. Cheers!

• Suet's Profile Photo
    May 24, 2006 at 7:57 AM

Gosh.... come to think of it, Claus DOES look kind of happy doesn't he???

• allikat's Profile Photo
    May 23, 2006 at 3:14 PM

Great pictures Andrew!! Isn't it just incredible how much fun is had at these meetings? Thanks for sharing (now come on and cough up with the goss!!)

• poons's Profile Photo
    May 23, 2006 at 3:08 PM

That's a very satisfied look on Claus's face in your last pic! hehehe. I wonder why?

• hanoun's Profile Photo
    May 22, 2006 at 3:43 PM

beautiful pictures, thanks for sharing.

• Jenniflower's Profile Photo
    May 22, 2006 at 3:21 PM

Thanks again for the FAB postcard Andrew! Lovely pics here - you guys had a ball! :) Jen x

alucas Visits Here Frequently!

alucas

“Don't just talk about it - go book those flights !”

Badges & Stats in Marbella

Have you been to Marbella?

Photos in Marbella