"Ubeda" Top 5 Page for this destination Úbeda by alucas

Úbeda Travel Guide: 99 reviews and 282 photos

We spent four nights in Ubeda in May 2006 as part of a touring holiday in Andalucia.

Ubeda is a World Heritage site, because of the splendid architecture to be found throughout the old town, and the importance of the Andalucian Renaissance period and its influence on the area.

The most important buildings are clustered in the area that was once the medieval citadel. Here can be found the renaissance palaces and churches.

We also made trips from Ubeda to Baeza, Jaen, Banos de la Encina, Sabiote and Cazorla. Baeza is another World Heritage site, and is very close to Ubeda - well worth at least a half-day visit. Jaen is a busy city, and has a well-preserved castle perched high above the city - the views are superb. The other places are quite small, but I'm sure you will find then interesting as well. I have written a little about some of these places, so please have a look if you are interested in this area.

Once they are all written, my tips on Ubeda will be intended to be read in sequence as a walking tour of the centre. Initially, I will write up the walk, and add some more information on the splendid buildings later.

If you would like to read more about some of the buildings featured in my tips, then I recommend that you have a look at Spanishguy's Ubeda page where you can find plenty of excellent historical information.

Update - 07 October 2006 - the walking tour is just about written, and I've started adding in information and additional pics.

• Last visit to Úbeda: May 2006
  • Intro Updated Oct 22, 2006

• uglyscot's Profile Photo
    Feb 19, 2010 at 2:15 AM

Looks like a place worth visiting.

• timada's Profile Photo
    Sep 16, 2008 at 11:40 PM

Today is a bad weather in my town and I decided to make some virtual tours on VT pages ... Ubeda and you walking tours are very nice !Thanks enjoying my cloudy morning...

• hotsauce28's Profile Photo
    Jan 26, 2008 at 3:11 PM

what about the Onion?!

• DAO's Profile Photo
    Nov 30, 2007 at 12:07 AM

Greetings from Addis Ababa. I just wrote you a postcard!

• RafaelTheSecond's Profile Photo
    Oct 20, 2007 at 5:15 AM

Fantastic spanish pages!;)

• nada1712's Profile Photo
    Jun 15, 2007 at 12:09 PM

Having just been to Ubeda I wish I had had your walking tour with me...wonderful and very comprehensive

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Jun 1, 2007 at 11:07 PM

Hello, Andy! Thanks for your interesting tour description! Good luck in the future!

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Feb 5, 2007 at 3:06 PM

I've just discovered that I can still speak Spanish! Spent the evening chatting in it with two women from Argentina and Mexico, and a German guy who was flattered when I asked if he was Mexican. So I came home right in the mood for your fine tips!

• yumyum's Profile Photo
    Jan 11, 2007 at 10:15 AM

What an interesting idea to arrange tips as a walking tour! It looks like it was veeery hot and everyone having a siesta, ha, ha.

• Jenniflower's Profile Photo
    Jan 11, 2007 at 2:21 AM

Fabulous idea this walking tour - thanks A :)

alucas

“Don't just talk about it - go book those flights !”

Badges & Stats in Úbeda