"Ubeda" Top 5 Page for this destination Úbeda by alucas
Úbeda Travel Guide: 99 reviews and 282 photos
We spent four nights in Ubeda in May 2006 as part of a touring holiday in Andalucia.
Ubeda is a World Heritage site, because of the splendid architecture to be found throughout the old town, and the importance of the Andalucian Renaissance period and its influence on the area.
The most important buildings are clustered in the area that was once the medieval citadel. Here can be found the renaissance palaces and churches.
We also made trips from Ubeda to Baeza, Jaen, Banos de la Encina, Sabiote and Cazorla. Baeza is another World Heritage site, and is very close to Ubeda - well worth at least a half-day visit. Jaen is a busy city, and has a well-preserved castle perched high above the city - the views are superb. The other places are quite small, but I'm sure you will find then interesting as well. I have written a little about some of these places, so please have a look if you are interested in this area.
Once they are all written, my tips on Ubeda will be intended to be read in sequence as a walking tour of the centre. Initially, I will write up the walk, and add some more information on the splendid buildings later.
If you would like to read more about some of the buildings featured in my tips, then I recommend that you have a look at Spanishguy's Ubeda page where you can find plenty of excellent historical information.
Update - 07 October 2006 - the walking tour is just about written, and I've started adding in information and additional pics.
Just before you get to Plaza de Andalucia, you will pass on your right the Iglesia de la Trinidad. This imposing church... more travel advice
Leave Plaza del Mayo in the north-east corner and turn into Calle Losal. This steep street is typical of the buildings... more travel advice
alucas' Related Pages
Úbeda Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Úbeda, UNESCO World Heritage"
- "Ubeda, jewel of Renaissance"
- "Monumental Ubeda Under construction"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Úbeda
- Hotels in Úbeda
- Transportation in Úbeda
- Restaurants in Úbeda
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Úbeda
- 22 Reviews
- 64 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 20 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Úbeda?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Úbeda
Top 10 Pages
- Santorini Island Intro, 29 reviews, 147 photos, 5 travelogues
- London Intro, 30 reviews, 129 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jerez de la Frontera Intro, 37 reviews, 110 photos, 5 travelogues
- Verona Intro, 35 reviews, 94 photos, 3 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 21 reviews, 92 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Úbeda Intro, 22 reviews, 64 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lucca Intro, 33 reviews, 48 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Colchester Intro, 13 reviews, 61 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wimbledon Intro, 14 reviews, 41 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Toledo Intro, 18 reviews, 33 photos, 2 travelogues
Latest Úbeda hotel reviews
- Husa Rosaleda De Don Pedro
- 12 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 10, 2013