"UNCOMMON ENCLAVES IN NEW YORK CITY" New York City by SOLODANCER
New York City Travel Guide: 15,726 reviews and 31,518 photos
Uncommon neighborhoods, little escapes of serenity, small intimate cafes, benches for the weary, local eats, particular streets, nooks and crannies. These are the stuff of my beloved city I want you first experienced unless of course you think of yourself as the common tourist.
Wow, I'm on finally. It will remain a mystery in me how on earth it had taken this much time to set it up - not so much as to claim this early - to build my NYC Page. It took this long to happen because it had to tell me it will be something different, out of my own dialogue with her. Before that, I could only keep walking, as a captive, the streets of New York City.
New York is overpraised (let alone overpriced), highly discovered, over-loved, overpossessed...over one she dominates. Do I look at her and see her and stare at her all the time - my way, my own, my precious present?
So, what I will share with the traveller about my NYC will be all its own: private and personal. Things and scenes not much trampled upon by a million feet. A New York that's somehow disconnected from her addiction to money. Even for a first time visitor to this great city, it would do well for him/her to look first to the human component of her whole, the flimsy attire she wears which reveals a raw sensuality that should touch the eyelids to open wide, the emotion from a sensibility refreshed. Experiencing the lady, the city, without first her make-up, earrings and bangles. Red lips.
This way you will remember her even better and longer and, come back you will, - she possesses power to make one never forget her - wanting her even more. This time you will be ready and tolerant to her modern wiles of: Fifth Avenue, the shopping, the need to be seen, the bridges and skycrapers, Macy's and the MET, her main sites - all her flighty side that the unreflecting visitor would rush over to see because he/she were told so and have not had a glance of this VT page.
So here is New York as a different story. If you would please be patient...
At only 9.6 feet wide and three short floors, the old and very historic red-brick building at 75 1/2 Bedford Street in... more travel advice
Call me crazy but I'm on an eternal quest to find that handsome, eye-pleasing, architecturally well-designed and... more travel advice
SOLODANCER's Related Pages
New York City Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A NYC GYPSY AT HEART"
- "NYC: Everyday, Something new."
- "I Heart New York."
- ""I want to be a part of it ...""
- ". : New York City : ."
- "New York City"
- "I loved it - and I don't even like apples!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in New York City
- Hotels in New York City
- Transportation in New York City
- Nightlife in New York City
- Restaurants in New York City
- Shopping in New York City
- Warnings and Dangers in New York City
- See All...
Badges & Stats in New York City
- 24 Reviews
- 25 Photos
- 328 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (29)
Have you been to New York City?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in New York City
- Posted in Travel Bodrum Forum "Re: traveling solo"
- Commented on one of SOLODANCER's New York City tips
- Uploaded a Photo to "Leics is coming to NYC! A welcome dinner in order."
- Wrote a Review NYC's Narrowest House where a Poetess lived about Greenwich Village in New York City Things to Do
- updated a New York City Travel Page "UNCOMMON ENCLAVES IN NEW YORK CITY"
Photos in New York CitySee All Photos (25)
Top 10 Pages
- Lisbon Intro, 68 reviews, 78 photos
- New York City Intro, 24 reviews, 24 photos
- Marrakesh Intro, 1 review, 21 photos, 2 travelogues
- Alcochete Intro, 3 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Portugal Intro, 10 reviews, 10 photos
- Province of Misamis Oriental Intro, 5 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Essaouira Intro, 1 review, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Camiguin Island Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Zambujeira do Mar Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Estói Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos