"SPA CENTRE OF AUSTRALIA" Top 5 Page for this destination Daylesford by Anne12
Daylesford Travel Guide: 122 reviews and 271 photos
Daylesford and Hepburn being nearly as one there are tips on both pages for this area.
I will gradually sort them. At the moment to get a overall view of both sides of town check out both pages if you need info.
The towns of Daylesford/Hepburn Springs are in the Central Highlands of Victoria approximately an hour and a quarter from Melbourne.
I put Daylesford and Hepburn in the same sentence as these towns are joined at the hip:) One goes with the other. The only time you see the divide is when Hepburn play Daylesford in a sport:)
This area is known as the Spa Centre of Australia. The reason for this is that we have many Mineral Water springs throughout the area. These are cold mineral springs. You can find pumps in many areas around these towns. Some of the Springs run freely, you can take a cup and taste the different types of springs, some have more mineral and sulpher than others. It's an aquired taste.
There are two trips you can do from Melbourne to get here.
You can head over the Westgate bridge onto the Western Highway.You take the Ballan/Daylesford exit.
Or you can head out of Melbourne on the Tullamarine Highway towards Bendigo. You leave the highway at Woodend and travel to Daylesford.
We are close to other areas that are known for history in Gold mining.
These include Ballarat , Castlemaine and Bendigo.
Over the last 15 years or so Daylesford/Hepburn Springs has become a popular destination. We are fortunate that we have had some wonderful people come to our town with vision , I will mention Carol of the Lavender Farm , Alla and Allan at the Lake House and also Tina of the Convent Gallery. These people saw something special that Daylesford area had to offer and built businesses that have bought many here.
From this other businesses have been able to build and create a wonderful diverse town which is only a hop skip and jump from Melbourne.
This area was known for mining. Gold is still found in the area. We are close to other small and larger towns that were also made during the Gold Mining boom. These are Maldon, Castlemaine, Ballarat, Bendigo to name a few.
There are many things you can do while here. From a relaxing coffee or meal at one of the many restaurants to beauty therapies or browsing the retail outlets, bush walking if you feel inclined or a short walk around the lake.
We have a huge amount of beds waiting for the tourist.
There is now various types of accommodation. We have Bed and Breakfast, Self Contained Apartments, Old World Cottages just to name a few. We have three booking agency in town. All have books and brochures with their properties listed.
Prices range from reasonable to expensive, it all depends on what you are looking for and what budget you are looking at.
Enjoy browsing my pages and if you have any questions please don't hesitate to email me.
Now I will start to build the pages with great tips to wet your appetite to visit this area!!!
Here is one website that you can also browse for information on this area.
- Pros:Diverse, Old World, Open Spaces, Clean Country Air. Fun to play in.
- Cons:You can get stuck here!
- In a nutshell:Country Town with City Influence
The Wood Shed is a place to go if you are wanting some beautiful timber furniture or if you need a new kitchen.... more travel advice
Through out Dayelsford and Hepburn you will find all different types of accommodation. Bed and Breakfast:- This usually... more travel advice
Anne12's Related Pages
Daylesford Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "SPA CENTRE OF AUSTRALIA"
- "Sweetberry's Daylesford Page"
- "Daylesford, Historical Town"
- "Daytime in Daylesford"
- "Daylesford, Mineral water capital of Australia"
- "Daylesford, art and traffic jams"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Daylesford
- Hotels in Daylesford
- Transportation in Daylesford
- Nightlife in Daylesford
- Restaurants in Daylesford
- Shopping in Daylesford
- Warnings and Dangers in Daylesford
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Daylesford
- 39 Reviews
- 44 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (23)
Have you been to Daylesford?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Daylesford
- Posted in Travel Uluru National Park (Ayers Rock) Forum "Re: where is the closest car..."
- Wrote a Review A Variety of Retail in One Place. in Daylesford Shopping
- updated a Daylesford Travel Page "SPA CENTRE OF AUSTRALIA"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Art from the area and beyond"
- Commented on one of Anne12's Daylesford travel pages
Photos in DaylesfordSee All Photos (44)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Daylesford Intro, 39 reviews, 44 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cairns Intro, 33 reviews, 37 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hepburn Springs Intro, 27 reviews, 36 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Port Douglas Intro, 20 reviews, 34 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Port Campbell Intro, 15 reviews, 19 photos
- Maldon Intro, 15 reviews, 14 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Warrnambool Intro, 16 reviews, 8 photos
- Brisbane Intro, 8 reviews, 15 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kuranda Intro, 10 reviews, 10 photos
- Queenscliff Intro, 7 reviews, 8 photos