"SPA CENTRE OF AUSTRALIA" Top 5 Page for this destination Daylesford by Anne12

Daylesford Travel Guide: 122 reviews and 271 photos

Welcome to the Central Highlands

Daylesford and Hepburn being nearly as one there are tips on both pages for this area.
I will gradually sort them. At the moment to get a overall view of both sides of town check out both pages if you need info.

The towns of Daylesford/Hepburn Springs are in the Central Highlands of Victoria approximately an hour and a quarter from Melbourne.
I put Daylesford and Hepburn in the same sentence as these towns are joined at the hip:) One goes with the other. The only time you see the divide is when Hepburn play Daylesford in a sport:)

This area is known as the Spa Centre of Australia. The reason for this is that we have many Mineral Water springs throughout the area. These are cold mineral springs. You can find pumps in many areas around these towns. Some of the Springs run freely, you can take a cup and taste the different types of springs, some have more mineral and sulpher than others. It's an aquired taste.

There are two trips you can do from Melbourne to get here.

You can head over the Westgate bridge onto the Western Highway.You take the Ballan/Daylesford exit.
Or you can head out of Melbourne on the Tullamarine Highway towards Bendigo. You leave the highway at Woodend and travel to Daylesford.

We are close to other areas that are known for history in Gold mining.
These include Ballarat , Castlemaine and Bendigo.

Over the last 15 years or so Daylesford/Hepburn Springs has become a popular destination. We are fortunate that we have had some wonderful people come to our town with vision , I will mention Carol of the Lavender Farm , Alla and Allan at the Lake House and also Tina of the Convent Gallery. These people saw something special that Daylesford area had to offer and built businesses that have bought many here.
From this other businesses have been able to build and create a wonderful diverse town which is only a hop skip and jump from Melbourne.

This area was known for mining. Gold is still found in the area. We are close to other small and larger towns that were also made during the Gold Mining boom. These are Maldon, Castlemaine, Ballarat, Bendigo to name a few.

There are many things you can do while here. From a relaxing coffee or meal at one of the many restaurants to beauty therapies or browsing the retail outlets, bush walking if you feel inclined or a short walk around the lake.

We have a huge amount of beds waiting for the tourist.
There is now various types of accommodation. We have Bed and Breakfast, Self Contained Apartments, Old World Cottages just to name a few. We have three booking agency in town. All have books and brochures with their properties listed.
Prices range from reasonable to expensive, it all depends on what you are looking for and what budget you are looking at.

Enjoy browsing my pages and if you have any questions please don't hesitate to email me.

Now I will start to build the pages with great tips to wet your appetite to visit this area!!!

Here is one website that you can also browse for information on this area.

• Pros:Diverse, Old World, Open Spaces, Clean Country Air. Fun to play in.
  • Cons:You can get stuck here!
  • In a nutshell:Country Town with City Influence
  • Intro Updated Dec 8, 2005

• May 13, 2009 at 5:37 AM

I was amazed at how the store has changed for the better. Had a great organic coffee, the fruit and vegetables so fresh. the staff were so friendly, it was very busy but the service was excellent and so was my bean curd laksa will definately be back

• Tattugran's Profile Photo
    Sep 30, 2007 at 9:05 PM

hi went through Daylesford on our way to Mt Gambier a couple of weeks ago.loved it

• rosie235's Profile Photo
    Jan 18, 2007 at 2:37 AM

oh if only i had a bit of luvvin' from that hunk. I'd wear a smile for the rest of my life...lol..I think she's thinking the exact same thing actually.

• Audrey118's Profile Photo
    May 17, 2006 at 12:12 AM

Tuki is our favourite hangout...we almost always make a must go when we get to Melbourne..

• adelaidean's Profile Photo
    Mar 27, 2006 at 11:51 PM

and all places here as well!!!! LOL

• leffe3's Profile Photo
    Feb 7, 2006 at 10:50 PM

But what you don;t say in the 1st tip is 'you can't miss Lake Jubilee'. We did LOL

• lou31's Profile Photo
    Jan 14, 2006 at 6:01 PM

OK now having read your pages we have to visit. It looks like a lovely country town. Lucky you for living there...

• ATXtraveler's Profile Photo
    Dec 27, 2005 at 3:25 PM

Thanks again for the wonderful weekend.. we are looking forward to the next one!

• Dec 6, 2005 at 9:22 PM

Hello Yes, it's a fun town to live in:) Hope your sons search is on a positive:)

• Purpleshade's Profile Photo
    Dec 6, 2005 at 9:05 PM

Daleford sounds a lovely place for looking around the shops. Lesley

Anne12 Used To Live Here!

Badges & Stats in Daylesford

Have you been to Daylesford?