"The Village of Kuranda" Top 5 Page for this destination Kuranda by Anne12
Kuranda Travel Guide: 70 reviews and 210 photos
Put Kuranda on your list, it's a lovely little village to walk around. Surrounded by rainforest.
There is one main street and over the years it has become a tourist town. 20 years ago it was discovered by the *Hippies* and until a few years ago it was a sleepy little village. Now it has bus loads of people arriving daily and businesses selling everything are found along the main street.'
The Old markets are still there,. but now there are markets throughout the side streets.
I personally like to head there when the markets aren't on as there isn't quite as many people.
Kuranda is situated on the Barron River. There is the Barron Falls is just out of town.
You can do a cruise down the river looking for Crocodiles...Yes, DON"T go swimming in the River:)
Kuranda has some of the best kept gardens, all along the paths there are tropical plants and throughout the main st. there are great pieces of art in the form of iron sculptures. Even the rubbish bins blend into the gardens.
The gardens and hanging baskets at the Railway station are wonderful.
- Pros:Great place to walk/ shop and have a coffee
- In a nutshell:A visit is a must.....
Hire a car and self drive. Many bus tours leave from Cairns/Northern Beaches/Port Douglas Catch the Vintage train from... more travel advice
There are many places you can shop for that special something. Opals, clothes, woodcraft,and there are many Art... more travel advice
Anne12's Related Pages
Kuranda Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Village of Kuranda"
- "Kuranda in the Cairns Rainforest"
- "Just enjoy the atmosphere of Kuranda"
- "Kuranda,village in the Rainforest"
- "Rainforest and Skyrail"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kuranda
- Hotels in Kuranda
- Transportation in Kuranda
- Restaurants in Kuranda
- Warnings and Dangers in Kuranda
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kuranda
- 10 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 12 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (22)
Have you been to Kuranda?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kuranda
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Daylesford Intro, 39 reviews, 44 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cairns Intro, 33 reviews, 37 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hepburn Springs Intro, 27 reviews, 36 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Port Douglas Intro, 20 reviews, 34 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Port Campbell Intro, 15 reviews, 19 photos
- Maldon Intro, 15 reviews, 14 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Warrnambool Intro, 16 reviews, 8 photos
- Brisbane Intro, 8 reviews, 15 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kuranda Intro, 10 reviews, 10 photos
- Queenscliff Intro, 7 reviews, 8 photos