"Mossman Gorge" Mossman by Anne12
Mossman Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 16 photos
The Mossman Gorge is a place not to be missed. You can walk through some of the most amazing rainforest. From the forest floor to the canopy above there is so much to see.
In the canopy there are ferns clinging to the trees, a variety of ferns from small to large.
The forest floor is covered in tree roots that curve for many metres.
There are different trees. Some very large other small.
There are guided tours available with the Kuku Yalanji people who are the indigenous inhabitants of this area.
This site has all the information you will need.
On a very hot day this would be the perfect place to cool off.
There are a couple of places that you can swim in the river.
Please be VERY CAREFUL....
The water is cold, very cold.
The grey boulders are a lovely place to sit, BUT they can be slippery.
There is a slight current , so if you aren't a strong swimmer don't go too far into the river.
You will see some having fun sliding through the rocks....if you do this be very careful.
It's also a lovely place to have a picnic. Please take all rubbish home with you.
There are picnic tables and toilets at the car park of the Gorge.
Remember to bring:- Water bottle
Sunhat, Sunscreen, insect repellant.
If you are asthmatic remember to bring your puffer as if it has been raining the air can be very humid/heavy in the rainforest area.
There are many Tours from Cairns and Port Douglas that take in the Mossman Gorge/Cape Tribulation/Daintree Village ...These tours can be day or overnight.
The information Centres at Cairns or Port Douglas will be able to help you.
Remeber, if you have 2 people or more hiring a car could be a cheaper option for you, also by driving you can do it at your leisure.
From Mossman up to Cape Tribulation is an easy drive.
- Pros:Wonderful Rain Forest. Beautiful Walk/Swimming
- Cons:ALL Good.... NO Bad.....
- In a nutshell:Early morning walk is a must
Anne12's Related Pages
Mossman Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Mossman - on the edge of the Daintree Rainforest"
- "Mossman River Gorge - heart of Aussie rainforest"
- "Mossman Gorge"
- "The gateway to Mossman Gorge."
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mossman
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (22)
Have you been to Mossman?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mossman
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Daylesford Intro, 39 reviews, 44 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cairns Intro, 33 reviews, 37 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hepburn Springs Intro, 27 reviews, 36 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Port Douglas Intro, 20 reviews, 34 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Port Campbell Intro, 15 reviews, 19 photos
- Maldon Intro, 15 reviews, 14 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Warrnambool Intro, 16 reviews, 8 photos
- Brisbane Intro, 8 reviews, 15 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kuranda Intro, 10 reviews, 10 photos
- Queenscliff Intro, 7 reviews, 8 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (46)
Latest Mossman hotel reviews
- Silky Oaks Lodge
- 1 Review & Opinion