"Seachange" Queenscliff by Anne12
Queenscliff Travel Guide: 33 reviews and 72 photos
Here you can see the old peir in the foreground. The first shed on the peir is the waiting shed that was built in 1887 for passengers that rode on the paddle steamers.
The other one is the boathouse which housed the Queenscliffe lifeboat from 1929/1976
In the back ground you can see the Black lighthouse and closer to the coast the white lighthouse.
When lined up these can be used by ships to negotiate the Rip.
This is the Harbour where you can take Swim with the Dolphin , fishing and diving tours.
It is also where the Ferry Terminal is situated.
On the left is the Black Lighthouse.
This dates back to 1861/62 and was built out of baslat blocks from Melbourne.
Both these building are in the Old Forte.
Fort Queenslciff was built between 1882 and 1885
- Pros:Great place to walk long the beach, stop for meal or retail therapy
- In a nutshell:Spend a night and relax
There are some great shops to spend your well earnt money. You have fashion, house goods, giftware, jewellery and many... more travel advice
Queenscliff has some amazing old building. It's a lovely little village to walk around. A good way to get the history... more travel advice
Anne12's Related Pages
Queenscliff Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Sweetberry's Queenscliff Page"
- "Arround the Bay Trip"
- "QUEENSCLIFF SYDNEY"
- "Sea Fishing In The Bass Straits..."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Queenscliff
- Hotels in Queenscliff
- Transportation in Queenscliff
- Restaurants in Queenscliff
- Warnings and Dangers in Queenscliff
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Queenscliff
- 7 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (22)
Have you been to Queenscliff?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Queenscliff
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Daylesford Intro, 39 reviews, 44 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cairns Intro, 33 reviews, 37 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hepburn Springs Intro, 27 reviews, 36 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Port Douglas Intro, 20 reviews, 34 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Port Campbell Intro, 15 reviews, 19 photos
- Maldon Intro, 15 reviews, 14 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Warrnambool Intro, 16 reviews, 8 photos
- Brisbane Intro, 8 reviews, 15 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kuranda Intro, 10 reviews, 10 photos
- Queenscliff Intro, 7 reviews, 8 photos