"Where the Whales Play" Top 5 Page for this destination Warrnambool by Anne12
Warrnambool Travel Guide: 83 reviews and 138 photos
Warrnambool is on the Shipwreck Coast. It is a lovely small city on the water.
It is the last place you visit on the Great Ocean Road trip. From here you can go further to Port Fairy and onto Portland then across the boarder to South Australia. Another trip you can do is to go inland from Warrnambool to Hamilton and then onto the Grampians.
Warrnambool has everything you need. A large shopping area in the main part of the city, there is another shopping area on the East side of Warrnambool where you can find K Marts and other speciality shops.
There are many types of holiday accommodation these include Units, Motels, Hotels and also a number of Caravan Parks on the Main beach.
Opposite the beach there is a wonderful area called Lake Petrobe Adventure Playground, where you can have BBQ's and play on the great adventure playground equipment. These include a Flying Fox, Maize and a small lake where the kids and adults can hire mini boats to have a ride in.
Flagstaff Hill overlooks the Bay and also the Park areas.
Here there is the Flagstaff Village , the entrance to this has a Tourist Information centre and also a lovely restuarant where you can have a meal or cup of coffee and cake.
Logans beach is where you can find one of the best Whale viewing locations in the world.
Warrnambool's famous winter visitors, the Southern Right Whales come to shelter from the Antarctica each winter to have their young.
These huge species come between June and September. This year they stayed a little longer.
- Pros:A lovely small city on the water
- Cons:Can be very windy at times
- In a nutshell:The end of the Great Ocean Road trip
Here is the village that shows the early town of Warrnambool and Port. Featuring the Gravesend Theatre and Great Circle... more travel advice
The Breakwater area is very popular with people of all ages. In the 1880's the Port of Warrnambool handled more cargo... more travel advice
Anne12's Related Pages
Warrnambool Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Warrnambool on the Great Ocean Road (ver. ENG/FR)"
- "Where the Whales Play"
- "Cockatoos and Majestic Gums"
- "Warrnambool - a town for the future"
- "Warrnambool, Wind, Sand, Sea, Surf"
- "Welcome to Warrnambool - Largest City on GOR"
- "Largest city on the Great Ocean Road"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Warrnambool
- Hotels in Warrnambool
- Transportation in Warrnambool
- Nightlife in Warrnambool
- Restaurants in Warrnambool
- Shopping in Warrnambool
- Warnings and Dangers in Warrnambool
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Warrnambool
- 16 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (23)
Have you been to Warrnambool?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Warrnambool
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Daylesford Intro, 39 reviews, 44 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cairns Intro, 33 reviews, 37 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hepburn Springs Intro, 27 reviews, 36 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Port Douglas Intro, 20 reviews, 34 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Port Campbell Intro, 15 reviews, 19 photos
- Maldon Intro, 15 reviews, 14 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Warrnambool Intro, 16 reviews, 8 photos
- Brisbane Intro, 8 reviews, 15 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kuranda Intro, 10 reviews, 10 photos
- Queenscliff Intro, 7 reviews, 8 photos