"Where I Live....." Top 5 Page for this destination Cumbria by VickiJ

Cumbria Travel Guide: 1,182 reviews and 3,129 photos

The Fells

The majority of people that visit Cumbria/The lake District, come to walk up and around the fells of the lake district. I live in West Cumbria which is on the coast line, which is within easy access of most towns.
A lot of people who visit Cumbria visit Keswick, Windermere, Ambleside etc but there are plenty more places to visit!
I really need to get out with my camera and take some pics so that i can build on my home pages!

Sellafield

In amongst the lakes is Sellafield, Cumbria's Nuclear Power Plant. I think that the majority of people who live in Cumbria work, or are related to someone who works here.

Wastwater

As i said, there are other lakes than Derwent Water and Buttermere....there is wastwater!!!

• Intro Updated Apr 25, 2006

• Oct 16, 2007 at 3:15 AM

WOW!! This looks and sounds amazing. Me and my boyfriend are staying in windermere for a few days begining of November and will definately be taking the trip to Whitehaven harbour for the fireworks and to find the Zest Harbourside. Thanks :o)

• nhcram's Profile Photo
    Aug 11, 2007 at 2:46 PM

My husband and I will be here in November if you fancy a mini VT meeting!

• christine.j's Profile Photo
    Jun 28, 2007 at 4:53 AM

What a wonderful page! I really enjoyed reading it and I got very good information.The MeadowMoleMaze sounds like fun, even for over 50s like me.

• alycat's Profile Photo
    Mar 28, 2007 at 11:15 PM

Really useable tips..thnx!!

• RhineRoll's Profile Photo
    Jan 9, 2007 at 2:37 AM

Wonderful pictures -- I must admit I regularly pass Cumbria by on my way to Scotland -- very likely a mistake!

• MURRA's Profile Photo
    Jun 8, 2006 at 4:31 AM

nice notes on cumbria

• cachaseiro's Profile Photo
    May 30, 2006 at 3:31 AM

looks like a damn nice part of the world. gotta make my way up there for some hiking soon. i spend way too little time in north england so far.

• wandeljp's Profile Photo
    May 25, 2006 at 1:31 AM

Beautiful pics, I like particulary those froms the "mountains" (of course a'm crazy about Hiking) Friendly regards from Belgium, Take care, Jean-Pierre

• DreamHolidayTravels's Profile Photo
    May 20, 2006 at 8:56 AM

May all your birthday wishes come true. Have a wonderful day.

• Darby2's Profile Photo
    May 2, 2006 at 4:27 AM

Wastwater looks a lot like some lakes in BC, except ours are much bigger and deeper. Nice tips and sights, Vicki

VickiJ Lives Here!

VickiJ

“Wear lots of suncream - who cares if you don't get a tan!”

Badges & Stats in Cumbria

Have you been to Cumbria?

Latest Activity in Cumbria