Cairo Sports & Outdoors Tips by Saladinos
Cairo Sports & Outdoors: 20 reviews and 15 photos
If you are a soccer fan then you have to know that Egypt is one of the champs and pioneers in this sport in Africa and the middle east. The best 2 teams are Al Ahly (its my team) and Al Zamalek. They keep sharing the 1st place.
If you want to be cool and loved by many Egyptians then you can say Ana Ahlawi ( I am an Ahly fan).
Equipment: a TV set or a ticket to see the games. Soccer tickets are very cheap here in Egypt and ranges from 1-10 US dollars.
Dont expect to see players like Zeidan, Peckham or maradona.
Theme: Sports Watching
If you are a jogging addict then dont worry you can still keep up with your addiction. If you r staying for a month or more in Cairo then i reccommend that you visit 1 of 3 places ( Al Jazirah sporting club in Zamalek area, Markaz Shabab al Jazeerah in Zamalek also, Al Maadi sporting club). They are among the best sporting and social clubs in Egypt. You will need to pay them a visit and ask for the foreigners and expats short term membership. They have big tracks.
If you r on a short term tour, then you can start your jogging as early as 5-6 am by the nile. You will avoid the crowds,enjoy the healthy air and most important you pay nothing.
Equipment: Use your foot, lungs and heart.
If you are into horse riding then you have more than a choice but the ones i am familiar with is the Pyramids stables. those are not the same horses you get while on the site of the pyramids to take a photo but i am talking about the real horses in the back of the pyramids. the other place is Al Gazeerah club for horse riding in Zamalek which is a training and competition club where gambling happens once a week.
Equipment: You know what to get and you know that they have it all here.
Address: Nazlet Al Semman, Al Haram, Pyramids, Giza
Directions: If you reach the sphinx then you r so close. get out of the sphinx gates and as for MG and AB stables.
More Reviews (46)
- See All Seafood? That's the place
- See All Forgot your Books? Dont worry
- See All Do this and U wont get sick
- See All CopiesPassports
- See All Watch Out for the land mines
- See All watch your foot
- See All Pretending to be gays
- See All Enjoy being relaxed while all streets r...
- See All If you are many then go for a flat
- See All Feel the history
- See All Smell the scent of old Cairo
Been to Cairo?Share your travels with the world!
Saladinos' Related Pages
Cairo Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Cairo`s yellow pages!"
- "Cairo- Umm el Dunya"
- "CAIRO... still thinking of..."
- "3 decades living in Cairo and yet exploring more"
- "~ Cairo ~"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cairo
- Hotels in Cairo
- Transportation in Cairo
- Nightlife in Cairo
- Restaurants in Cairo
- Shopping in Cairo
- Warnings and Dangers in Cairo
- See All...
Explore the World
- Olifantsfontein Hotels
- Carol Beach Hotels
- Can Tho
- Colbyville Hotels
- Waitomo Caves Hotels
Badges & Stats in Cairo
- 49 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 154 Forum posts
- 26 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Cairo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cairo
- Posted in Travel Sharm El Sheikh Forum "Re: Which currency"
- Commented on one of saraheg77's Cairo travel pages
- updated a Cairo Travel Page "3 decades living in Cairo and yet exploring more"
- Wrote a Review Seafood? That's the place in Cairo Restaurants
- Uploaded a Photo to "AIDS is not your major threat"
Photos in CairoSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Cairo Intro, 49 reviews, 4 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hurghada Intro, 27 reviews, 10 photos
- Alexandria Intro, 18 reviews
- Aswan Intro, 14 reviews
- Luxor Intro, 8 reviews, 3 photos
- Sharm El Sheikh Intro, 7 reviews, 3 photos
- Sweden Intro, 5 reviews, 2 photos
- Muhafazat Qina Intro, 5 reviews
- California Intro, 3 photos
- New York City Intro, 3 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (24)
Latest Cairo hotel reviews
- Zoser Partner
- 108 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 27, 2012
- Pharaoh Egypt Hotel
- 51 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jan 24, 2013
- Hilton World Trade Center Cairo Residence
- 61 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 1, 2013
- Dahab Hotel
- 47 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 5, 2013
- Fairmont Heliopolis
- 165 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 16, 2013
- Talisman Hotel de Charme
- 145 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Feb 21, 2013
- Swiss Inn Pyramids Golf Resort
- 77 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 31, 2013
- Lotus Hotel
- 49 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 19, 2013
- Swiss Inn EL-Nile Hotel
- 49 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 11, 2013
- Cairo Khan Suites Hotel
- 21 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 7, 2013
- Fairmont Towers Heliopolis
- 187 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 12, 2013
- Salma Hotel
- 16 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 25, 2010
- Museum View Hotel
- 32 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 30, 2013
- King Tut Hostel
- 68 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 14, 2013
- New Minerva
- 1 Review & Opinion
- Egyptian Museum- 204 Reviews, 302 Photos
- Khan el Khalili- 82 Reviews, 144 Photos
- Gizeh Pyramids- 282 Reviews, 513 Photos
- Citadel- 131 Reviews, 295 Photos
- River Nile- 53 Reviews, 93 Photos
- Tower- 42 Reviews, 76 Photos
- Coptic Cairo- 65 Reviews, 129 Photos
- Sakkara : Step Pyramid- 39 Reviews, 87 Photos
- Coptic Cairo - Hanging Church- 25 Reviews, 49 Photos
- Whirling Dervishes- 8 Reviews, 17 Photos
See All Cairo Things to Do