"3 decades living in Cairo and yet exploring more" Cairo by Saladinos
Cairo Travel Guide: 3,977 reviews and 9,552 photos
Greeks, Romans, Frensh, British, Arabs, Africans, Asians, Christians, Jewish, Muslims. Those are just some of many who have been here at a point of time, some stayed and some left , some were happy others were not, some died some lived. The only conclusion is that Egyptians have been in contact with all of them and have absorbed what they want and rejected what they dont want and this is how the Egyptian Identity is carved as a piece of art to compete with the Pyramids, sphinx, Tutankhamon's treaures.
So when you are in Egypt, give yourself the chance to penetrate and unite with the Egyptian identity. Dont panic or feel insecure when one Egyptian man or a woman approaches you and initiate a conversation. It is part of the egyptian identity, their curiosity and love of knowing the others and share experience with them is part of the package. If you touch this part and truly understand it then you might find the key for those aliens who have built the Great Pyramids, the keys for those alliens who have passed about 7 wars in the past century and are still alive and are able to smile and live satisfied.
Egyptians refuse to be described as anything else but EGYPTIANS. For them it is not fair to have 1 definition or 1 description. Come see, observe, analyse, understand and then feel being an Egyptian for a day.
Egypt is not only the Pyramids and it wouldnt be fair as a traveller to know a place through a postcard and thats what happens when tourists come on A/C bus, eat in an A/C 5 stars restaurant, get out to the pyramids for photo op. and back to your A/C room. If you do this and think you've been to Egypt, then, sorry you didnt ; and you should have rather watched a documentary film in your hometown and save yourself the money and effort.
Look up Egypt's Location on the Map, it is a central location for the old and new world. This is to say that people from east and west meet at a point of time here for different purposes and destinations.
- Pros:friendly people, secure, 24 hours alive city
- Cons:Traffic jams, pollution,
- In a nutshell:It's not about the Pyramids, it's about the People who built it
As many tourists r interested in intimate relations, I would like to tell you that HIV/AIDS is not our major public... more travel advice
This small causy place in Cairo is good for having your coffee and cheese cake while reading your favorite newspaper or... more travel advice
- See All CopiesPassports
- See All watch your foot
- See All Pretending to be gays
- See All Enjoy being relaxed while all streets r...
Saladinos' Related Pages
Cairo Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Cairo`s yellow pages!"
- "Cairo- Umm el Dunya"
- "CAIRO... still thinking of..."
- "3 decades living in Cairo and yet exploring more"
- "The 4 days were far from enough"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cairo
- Hotels in Cairo
- Transportation in Cairo
- Nightlife in Cairo
- Restaurants in Cairo
- Shopping in Cairo
- Warnings and Dangers in Cairo
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cairo
- 49 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 154 Forum posts
- 25 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Cairo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cairo
- Posted in Travel Sharm El Sheikh Forum "Re: Which currency"
- Commented on one of saraheg77's Cairo travel pages
- updated a Cairo Travel Page "3 decades living in Cairo and yet exploring more"
- Wrote a Review Seafood? That's the place in Cairo Restaurants
- Uploaded a Photo to "AIDS is not your major threat"
Photos in CairoSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Cairo Intro, 49 reviews, 4 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hurghada Intro, 27 reviews, 10 photos
- Alexandria Intro, 18 reviews
- Aswan Intro, 14 reviews
- Luxor Intro, 8 reviews, 3 photos
- Sharm El Sheikh Intro, 7 reviews, 3 photos
- Sweden Intro, 5 reviews, 2 photos
- Muhafazat Qina Intro, 5 reviews
- California Intro, 3 photos
- Finland Intro, 2 reviews, 1 photo