"Egypt, A diverse cultural mosaic" Saladinos's Profile
Egypt is not only the Pyramids and it wouldnt be fair as a traveller to know a place through a postcard and thats what happens when tourists come on A/C bus, eat in an A/C 5 stars restaurant, get out to the pyramids for photo op. and back to your A/C room. If you do this and think you've been to Egypt, then, sorry you didnt ; and you should have rather watched a documentary film in your hometown and save yourself the money and effort.
Look up Egypt's Location on the Map, it is a central location for the old and new world. This is to say that people from east and west meet at a point of time here for different purposes and destinations.
Greeks, Romans, Frensh, British, Arabs, Africans, Asians, Christians, Jewish, Muslims. Those are just some of many who have been here at a point of time, some stayed and some left , some were happy others were not, some died some lived. The only conclusion is that Egyptians have been in contact with all of them and have absorbed what they want and rejected what they dont want and this is how the Egyptian Identity is carved as a piece of art to compete with the Pyramids, sphinx, Tutankhamon's treaures.
So when you are in Egypt, give yourself the chance to penetrate and unite with the Egyptian identity. Dont panic or feel insecure when one Egyptian man or a woman approaches you and initiate a conversation. It is part of the egyptian identity, their curiosity and love of knowing the others and share experience with them is part of the package. If you touch this part and truly understand it then you might find the key for those aliens who have built the Great Pyramids, the keys for those alliens who have passed about 7 wars in the past century and are still alive and are able to smile and live satisfied.
Egyptians refuse to be described as anything else but EGYPTIANS. For them it is not fair to have 1 definition or 1 description. Come see, observe, analyse, understand and then feel being an Egyptian for a day.
Egypt is a republic with a developing economy. It has extensive facilities for tourists. You have to know that our population have hit the 70 million persons concentrated mainly on the nile valley, occupying less than quarter the Egyptian land. This is to say that you might not notice the developmental movement due to the big amount of beneficieries.
There are restrictions on photographing military personnel and sites, bridges, and canals, including the Suez Canal.
Egyptian authorities may broadly interpret these restrictions to include other potentially-sensitive structures, such as embassies, other public buildings with international associations, and some religious edifices.
Visitors should also refrain from taking photographs of any uniformed personnel.
When I meet foreigners outside Egypt and they get to know I am Egyptian, the Stereotypes pops up. Oh really, you are from Egypt? How many camels do you have? Do you live in tents? Do you have normal buildings? And so on.
In Egypt we have it ALL.
Personal Pages (1)
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 141 Reviews
- 44 Photos
- 7 Countries
- 7 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
- Saladinos and frankcanfly are now friends.
- Commented on Kuznetsov_Sergey's profile page
- Posted in Travel Sharm El Sheikh Forum "Re: Which currency"
- updated a Sweden Travel Page "I fell in Love with Sweden"
- Wrote a Review It is a nice small hotel in Hurghada Hotels
- Uploaded a Photo to "Lebanon is cheerful"
updated their Personal Page "Some of my activities"
Top 10 Pages
- Cairo Intro, 49 reviews, 4 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hurghada Intro, 27 reviews, 10 photos
- Alexandria Intro, 18 reviews
- Aswan Intro, 14 reviews
- Luxor Intro, 8 reviews, 3 photos
- Sharm El Sheikh Intro, 7 reviews, 3 photos
- Sweden Intro, 5 reviews, 2 photos
- Muhafazat Qina Intro, 5 reviews
- California Intro, 3 photos
- New York City Intro, 3 photos
- Paris Hotels
- 22479 Reviews - 55020 Photos
- Fort Lauderdale Hotels
- 659 Reviews - 1389 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2702 Reviews - 7926 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23320 Reviews - 48909 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15643 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 2028 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3098 Reviews - 5880 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 780 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2058 Reviews - 3874 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12024 Reviews - 26762 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10315 Reviews - 22905 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7829 Reviews - 20234 Photos