"Storybook Town" Volendam by seoulgirl
Volendam Travel Guide: 64 reviews and 262 photos
This is a town that got famous for it's cheese, Edam. It is just gorgeous. In my imaginination I couldn't invision a town so lovely. One thing though is that it is very touristy, especially the wharf and the old downtown area. BUt is it very much worth the visit. You can rent a bike and ride around the town in peace.
THis windmill is just outside the town and has fields of cows and sheep behind it and a little stream. You can ride your bike all around that area also.
This is the wharf. It is very nice to sit out and have some lunch and a beer. But...at peak season (when we were there) bus loads of tourists would arrive. It's very lovely though.
- Pros:Absolutely gorgeous!
- Cons:Lots of tourists especially at the Wharf, busloads, expensive
seoulgirl's Related Pages
Volendam Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "BEAUTIFUL VOLENDAM"
- "A TOWN BESIDE THE SEASIDE"
- "Volendam, The Netherlands"
- "Storybook Town"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Volendam
- Hotels in Volendam
- Transportation in Volendam
- Restaurants in Volendam
- Shopping in Volendam
- Warnings and Dangers in Volendam
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Volendam
- 1 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Volendam?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Volendam
Photos in VolendamSee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Stuttgart Intro, 40 reviews, 78 photos
- Seoul Intro, 35 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Portland Intro, 23 reviews, 9 photos
- Bamberg Intro, 8 reviews, 24 photos
- Plzen Intro, 7 reviews, 21 photos
- Boracay Island Intro, 9 reviews, 18 photos
- Pulau Langkawi Intro, 5 reviews, 21 photos, 3 travelogues
- Vonyarcvashegy 5 reviews, 20 photos
- Tübingen Intro, 8 reviews, 14 photos
- Kanchanaburi Intro, 5 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue