"Expat livng in Germany" seoulgirl's Profile

Our home Germany

We have had 8 years of travel since moving to Germany from Seoul and previous to that was Portland Oregon. It's been an everyday learning experience. It's never easy moving to a new country where you do not speak the language. We love to explore new cultures, cuisines, people, the land, everything! We are on the move alot. We like to go to festivals, beer/wine events, small towns that are undiscovered, big cities, etc...We like to explore basically. So, please visit our pages to see what types of adventures we have been on.

Jeff and I have been married 25 years as of June of this year.

I do add tips to other expats moving to Germany so please check out customs tips on my pages. There are alot of little things you will need to know if you will be living here. These things can be very frustrating if you try to work it out on your own or have no idea at all that they exist. It may be as simple as getting a shopping cart or buying beer. There are WAYS to do things. Only one way.

We usually go to Thailand once a year. We get alot of medical and dental done there, well all of it. And then we enjoy the people the food and culture. It's the best!!!

Happy travels to you all!

Cheers!

Old photos from the 80's

You might see some photos of us from the 80's. I dusted off some old pics and am now sharing them. When we couldn't afford to travel for awhile I couldn't even look at the pictures. I wasn't sure we would ever travel again. So, yeah! We have blown off the dust and are realizing our dreams to the fullest!

Asian Travels

We survived the Tsunami in Langkawi Malaysia. We were very lucky to have been on that island instead of others that were just minutes away.

Korea

We lived in Korea for 3 years and had many adventures there. Here is a picture from the Yunwha Mountain Wowoojongsa Temple. I just love this picture. It was a serene day right before Buddha's birthday.

Other Asian trips.

We visited many Asian countries since moving to Korea in 2003 (between the 2 of us, some on solo trips) to Vietnam, Malaysia, Thailand 4 times, Laos, Philippines, Tokyo, and Okinawa. Please see my other Asian pages.

NEW YORK NEW YORK

WE contacted a man on Craigslist (an author) who wanted to stay in our place in Seoul and we stayed in his NY apartment for free. Ny is fantastic, fabulous, and wonderful! Just loved it! This is a pic of a free concert they project in the park. It was a hot day. Take a picnic and some wine and chill. We also got to see the Letterman show. I applied on-line, they called my parents house in the states with information. Then I had to call them back and answer a secret question... and I got it right! So, we had tickets! It was a riot!

April 2007 Boat Trip thru Holland/Netherlands

We just spent a week driving a rented boat through the canals of Holland. It was challenging but so wonderful. We had the freedom to go and do what we wanted. We didn't have to worry about other transport, hotels, food choices, money, check-out times, breakfast times, etc... nothing! You make your own route, stop when you want, and it's your house for a week. We thought it was the best vacation ever. Please see our pages on that, lots of videos too.

My Hometown, Missoula Montana

I suppose my uge for travel stems from growing up with alot of freedom and with pretty adventurous parents. I was always an explorer and my parents would take me on trips around the U.S., including Alaska, Mexico, and Canada. I lived in Spain and London for a total of 7 years in the 80's. My husand was an exchange student to Sweden when he was 16 and was forever hooked on languages and travel after that. I met my husband in Spain. Then we lived in the U.S. for 11 years until we got this job and moved to Seoul. We recently moved from Seoul, after living there 3 years, and are in Stuttgart, Germany now.

• Intro Updated Jul 15, 2014

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
seoulgirl's Profile Photo

seoulgirl

“Life is a rollercoaster, you just gotta ride it”

Real Name