"Burks Falls" Burks Falls by Kaspian

Burks Falls Travel Guide: 2 reviews and 12 photos

Travel Dates: Many times, August 31 - September 1 2008, January 29-30 2011.

Burks Falls is a small town of 1000 just off Hwy 11, about 3 hours north of Toronto or 45 minutes south of North Bay. I started visiting Burks Falls when I joined a punk rock band there called "Sacred Black" in 1989. I'd have to go there for practice.
It's a strange, pretty little town, without much to do. The townsfolk encourage drinking and I don't think I've been able to stay sober there for more than a few hours at a time.

Uptown Burks Falls

They never say "downtown" in Burks Falls, always "let's go uptown." I thought they were nuts for saying that! That phrase to me always meant the rich part of town. But I guess they've been saying it forever, the main drag is higher than most of the town, so I guess I get it. It's just that they use "uptown" for every other city they visit too!

The Screaming Heads

Very wild, to find something like this so close to my own backyard. Hundreds of statues line this man's field and his house. Artist Peter Camani's home has been converted into a castle. There are dragons, peacocks, giant spiderwebs, and the Horsemen of the Apocalypse. If you're travelling between Toronto and Northern Ontario, this is a must-stop.
Visit my Burks Falls Travelogues for more photos of the Screaming Heads.

• Last visit to Burks Falls: Sep 2008
  • Intro Updated Aug 9, 2011

• Oct 31, 2011 at 4:27 PM

In 1998 after I worked for a month on the Ice Storm I was traveling back North with a co-worker when we got off of Hwy 11 for a break and got turned around. Then I saw the Midlothian Castle....oh my goodness I really didn't know what to think. Several years later I moved to North Bay and became very familiar with the castle - such an imagination. Wonderful!

• Jan 21, 2005 at 8:22 PM

That is the coolest thing I have ever seen!!! Ethan would LOVE this!!

• craic's Profile Photo
    Jan 9, 2005 at 5:27 AM

Scared black by the Screaming Heads!!! Love the page.

• Dumpymotel's Profile Photo
    Nov 8, 2004 at 9:41 AM

I hope you made a donation towards the screaming heads. If we don't suppor tthem, no one will !!

• kiwi's Profile Photo
    Nov 3, 2004 at 9:13 PM

Luv pages about small towns such as this. Those screamin heads make good photos huh!! Cute page, thanks, Pam.

• FOotFetish's Profile Photo
    Nov 2, 2004 at 6:45 AM

Lovely pages on Burks' fall. :O) Looks like a place for sheeps too.

• Azhut's Profile Photo
    Oct 18, 2004 at 5:41 AM

Love you pics ;-)) How are you my friend ? ;-))

• Sar77's Profile Photo
    Oct 4, 2004 at 9:14 AM

Burks Falls!! oh lord....

Kaspian

“Be epic!”

Badges & Stats in Burks Falls

Have you been to Burks Falls?

Latest Activity in Burks Falls