"Grand Bend" Grand Bend by Kaspian

Grand Bend Travel Guide: 10 reviews and 53 photos

Travel Dates: June 15-17 2007, July 21-22 2007.

Food, Sun, Sand, and Surf

Grand Bend, Ontario is a is a small town on the shores of Lake Huron. Its population of 1000 swells to over 50 000 during the summer months as sun worshipers, partiers, campers, and motorcycle enthusiasts descend on its main strip and on its beaches. It declares itself "The Sun, Sand, and Fun Capital of Southwest Ontario." Umm... In my opinion, I think they could boast "the entire province" and would get no argument from me.

This town is something I didn't know we even had in our province and it looks more like something you would imagine at the beaches in Florida or Southern California. People have been visiting this place during the summer since the 1800s.

"Bikiniland?"

Yes, it is! People saunter up and down the streets, into the shops, sit to have lunch in restaurants, and socialize wearing nothing but the absolute minimum clothing possible. You can almost see the hormones floating in the air here. And I'm so bitter than nobody told me about this town when I was in my early twenties. ...Not that I can't appreciate it now, but I would have had a helluva good time ogling and meeting these women during my college years.

If you're 25 and it's a nice, sunny, warm day and you like the beach, go here. Now!

• Pros:A great beach, beautiful nature parks, lots of restaurants, and lots of beautiful people to look at.
  • Cons:Crowded on hot days. ...But that could be a "pro" depending on how you look at it.
  • In a nutshell:What's not to like here?
  • Last visit to Grand Bend: Jun 2007
  • Intro Updated Aug 24, 2011

• Basaic's Profile Photo
    Mar 30, 2010 at 9:54 AM

I think I'd like hanging out at Bikiniland.

• cachaseiro's Profile Photo
    Oct 16, 2008 at 6:59 AM

that looks like a pretty good setting for a vt meet :O)

• Acirfa's Profile Photo
    Apr 28, 2008 at 1:42 PM

They sure do, this one and his family tend to tuck into the mass of rabbits living around the garden so am quite happy for them to keep them under control.

• Dabs's Profile Photo
    Jun 19, 2007 at 7:34 AM

Umm, that doesn't look like camping, maybe the word has a different definition in Canada? ;-)

Kaspian

“Be epic!”

Badges & Stats in Grand Bend

Have you been to Grand Bend?

Latest Activity in Grand Bend