"Tombstone" Top 5 Page for this destination Tombstone by Kaspian

Tombstone Travel Guide: 214 reviews and 711 photos

Travel Dates: September 6 2008.

Tombstone? The OK Corral? Wyatt Earp and Doc Holliday? The greatest gunfight in the history of the Wild West--30 shots in 30 seconds? Are you freakin' kidding me?!! This is awesome!

Tombstone: "The Town Too Tough To Die"

I've been a fan of Western movies and TV shows since I was a toddler. My dad and I would sit downstairs on the couch every Sunday morning watching John Wayne, Clint Eastwood, Gene Autrey, Tex Ritter, Roy Rogers and all the other cowboys shoot it out from 10 AM until noon. It didn't matter to me whether it was black-and-white or in colour, cheesy or serious--I was mesmerized. He'd rhyme off the names of all these famous actors and I'd try hard to remember them, but they'd be lost on me minutes later--in my mind, the Lone Ranger really was the Lone Ranger!

...And this place (this place!) is the Holy Land of Westerns--I would have gotten down on my knees and kissed the ground if it wasn't so dusty. ...And scattered with horse droppings.

Go West, Young Man!

On May 16 2008, I left a message on VT member Basaic's Tombstone page saying, "...I can't wait to visit! ...Hopefully within the next year." He wrote back saying to give him a call if I got to the town because he lives nearby and would show me around. Well, once the gears start going in my head about something like this it quickly snowballs to obsession and time compresses itself. I was walking the streets of this legendary town getting a personalized tour by Basaic himself less than four months later. He was very patient considering my little-kid excited behaviour.

Please Note: You will need an entire day to see Tombstone, so plan on arriving in town early in the morning and departing in the late afternoon or evening. It's a huge mistake to think you can see anything of value here in only a few hours.

Recommended Movies: "Tombstone" (1993), "Wyatt Earp" (1994), "Gunfight at the OK Corral" (1957).

Recommended Video Game: Red Dead Revolver.

• Pros:You're a daisy if you do...
  • In a nutshell:Too tough to die!
  • Last visit to Tombstone: Sep 2008
  • Intro Updated Jul 26, 2011

• Gillybob's Profile Photo
    Jul 13, 2011 at 1:25 PM

Hey Ed! I enjoyed re-visiting this page. Gillybob greetings

• Suet's Profile Photo
    Jun 26, 2009 at 9:46 AM

Yeehaw Cowboy!!! great page!

• DAO's Profile Photo
    Apr 6, 2009 at 2:33 PM

Ha ha - you got the word Whore into a tip. Looks like a cool place to visit.

• BruceDunning's Profile Photo
    Jan 30, 2009 at 1:25 PM

That is one thorough description of the players-it is interesting

• cpiers47's Profile Photo
    Jan 7, 2009 at 9:19 AM

I felt the same way about Deadwood City, SD (Calamity Jane, Buffalo Bill...) There's something ever so cool about the West.

• angiebabe's Profile Photo
    Nov 3, 2008 at 7:07 PM

see there you go - the boots and beer match, the ID line up matches, those Aussies ride around like they got cowboys in'm....nice page and Id be thrilled to get here myself one day thanks.

• ATXtraveler's Profile Photo
    Oct 16, 2008 at 9:18 AM

I always loved their frozen pizza, I am glad to see they also have a tourist haven as well!

• poons's Profile Photo
    Oct 5, 2008 at 11:49 AM

A mighty fine, kit and caboodle page here Ed. Great reading!

• JessH's Profile Photo
    Sep 26, 2008 at 9:39 AM

Hey, how you doing? I'm liking where this page is going! And you're right: you look like a little kid with that huge perma-grin on your face. Glad to see you had such a good time, and looking forward to reading more stories soon. Take care / Jess

• iris2002's Profile Photo
    Sep 24, 2008 at 12:11 PM

Well Howdy-doody -(spits out her tabacco and straightens her colt-belt) --- so you gone west ehy stranger - mighty fine page you got there. (tips her stetson brim and lights a cigar)... fancy a whisky at the saloon? ;) SxIx

Kaspian

“Be epic!”

Badges & Stats in Tombstone

Have you been to Tombstone?

Latest Activity in Tombstone