"London" London by Kaspian
London Travel Guide: 23,485 reviews and 49,442 photos
Travel Dates: August 25-27 2005, January 20-24 2006, November 11-12 2009.
I can't even believe I took this photo! It looks like a painting, but I swear it's completely untouched. It was at sunset and we were dashing like mad trying to get some photos of the clock tower (Big Ben) and the Houses of Parliament before the sun went down. Yep, it's a London cliche, but still--what a great pic. I'd always heard that the London Eye was spectacular at dusk, and it was, it completely was.
On my second visit I didn't have the stark contrast of Scotland to compare it to and I saw London in a completely new light. I liked it much better than my first time around... There's something living here under the streets--the ghosts of Saxons, Richard III, Jack the Ripper, the Sex Pistols. Covent Garden on a sunny day felt like everything the Ottawa market should be in an ideal world. Never mind how fantastic Camden Lock market was--with the smell of stir-fry foods in the air, billions of cool clothes on the racks, and calm dub reggae playing everywhere I turned.
London is one of those places that when you look back on it, will beckon you to visit again--to see things you've already seen and to explore new parts of it. I often find myself at the oddest times and at almost random moments thinking, "Gawd, I wish I was London right now." And it seems I've developed a habit of telling people who don't travel much, "See London! If there's one place on earth you have to visit in this lifetime, it's there!" Then I suddenly realize what I've said and wonder where it came from. Is that really what I think?
And it's really not such a long plane ride from North America. ...Only 5 or 6 hours. Innit?
Recommended Movies: "Elizabeth" (1998), "Elizabeth: The Golden Age" (2007) , "The Queen" (2006), "From Hell" (2001).
- Pros:It lives up to its 'Cool London' title!
- Cons:After watching the movie 'Creep', I'm kind of scared of the empty tube tunnels.
- In a nutshell:Why does everybody have brand new shoes?
"What can I get ya, luv?," the elderly lady working behind the counter asks with a twinkle in her eye. "A pie and double... more travel advice
Abbey Road is a pilgramage for Beatles fans from all over the world. I firmly believe that there are two types of rock... more travel advice
Written Jan 17, 2008
VT Meet - Jan. 20-22, 2006
Written Jun 29, 2007
2006-01-21 - The Thames Whale
Kaspian's Related Pages
London Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My Current Home"
- "Maybe it's Because I'm A Londoner...."
- "Gor Blimey guv'ner...you'r having a larf......"
- "London, the capital of England"
- "When a man tires of London, he is tired of life"
- "Maybe it's because I'm a Londoner ..."
- See All...
- Things to Do in London
- Hotels in London
- Transportation in London
- Nightlife in London
- Restaurants in London
- Shopping in London
- Warnings and Dangers in London
- See All...
Badges & Stats in London
- 21 Reviews
- 82 Photos
- 8 Forum posts
- 45 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to London?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in London
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: What do you like to splurge..."
- updated a London Travel Page "London"
- Uploaded a Photo to "London"
- Uploaded a Video to London
- Commented on one of TheLongTone's London travel pages
- Wrote a Review A. Cooke's: Traditional Pie, Mash, Liquour & Eels about A Cooke Pie and Mash shop in London Restaurants
Photos in LondonSee All Photos (82)
Top 10 Pages
- Toronto Intro, 22 reviews, 96 photos, 2 travelogues
- London Intro, 21 reviews, 82 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Playa del Carmen Intro, 17 reviews, 79 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cancún Intro, 29 reviews, 59 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tulum Intro, 14 reviews, 63 photos, 5 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 11 reviews, 57 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tombstone Intro, 11 reviews, 55 photos, 2 travelogues
- Saint Augustine Intro, 6 reviews, 53 photos, 3 travelogues
- North Bay Intro, 18 reviews, 39 photos
- Halifax Intro, 9 reviews, 38 photos, 3 travelogues