Varadero Things to Do Tips by Kaspian
Varadero Things to Do: 102 reviews and 197 photos
How could you go all the way to Cuba and not spend at least a day to check out Havana? Havana is fantastic! I put it at the top of my "must-sees" while in Varadero.
Havana is the capital of Cuba, a UNESCO World Heritage Site for all of its glorious old Spanish Colonial Architecture. There are so many historical and cultural sights to see in Havana, including the Malecon (sea wall), the Artisans Market, all the old haunts of Ernest Hemingway, Old Havana and the San Cristobal Cathedral, the Plaza de la Revolucion, the old cemetery, the Capitol building, all the 50s cars, the Havana Carnival, and some of the greatest musicians I've ever heard! Sit on a patio, have a local mojito or daiquiri with a local cigar, a toasted "Cubano" sandwich, watch the people pass by, and know you're getting the real deal. It is the most beautiful city I have ever seen.
Arrange through your hotel to take a tour or a taxi from Varadero. Most of the reasonably priced tours include a stop at a cigar factory and a stop at Copacabana (for music, food, and dancing). We did an alternative where for $200 we had a taxi for the entire day. He drove us from Varadero to Havana, he showed us the sights, and drove us wherever we wanted to go. A very polite and friendly driver. It was, I repeat, fantastic!
More Reviews (6)
Kaspian's Related Pages
Varadero Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Heavenly Beaches"
- "Lovely Varadero"
- "Resort Paradise in Varadero"
- "LOVELY VARADERO CUBA"
- "Varadero, Cuba"
- "Beautiful People"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Varadero
- Hotels in Varadero
- Transportation in Varadero
- Nightlife in Varadero
- Restaurants in Varadero
- Shopping in Varadero
- Warnings and Dangers in Varadero
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Varadero
- 7 Reviews
- 26 Photos
- 5 Forum posts
- 14 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Varadero?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Varadero
Photos in VaraderoSee All Photos (26)
Top 10 Pages
- Toronto Intro, 22 reviews, 96 photos, 2 travelogues
- London Intro, 21 reviews, 82 photos, 2 travelogues
- Playa del Carmen Intro, 17 reviews, 79 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cancún Intro, 29 reviews, 59 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tulum Intro, 14 reviews, 63 photos, 5 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 11 reviews, 57 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tombstone Intro, 11 reviews, 55 photos, 2 travelogues
- Saint Augustine Intro, 6 reviews, 53 photos, 3 travelogues
- North Bay Intro, 18 reviews, 39 photos
- Halifax Intro, 9 reviews, 38 photos, 3 travelogues
- Beach- 20 Reviews, 38 Photos
- Catamaran- 9 Reviews, 19 Photos
- Cigars- 6 Reviews, 3 Photos
- Jeep Tours- 4 Reviews, 15 Photos
- Diving and Snorkle- 8 Reviews, 18 Photos
- Parque Retiro Josone- 6 Reviews, 20 Photos
- Horse Back Riding- 4 Reviews, 3 Photos
- Skydiving- 2 Reviews, 6 Photos
- Delfinario- 2 Reviews, 1 Photo
- Museum- 2 Reviews, 6 Photos