"Welcome to Roman-French-Arab-Kabyle Sétif!" Setif by escuain
Setif Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 12 photos
Sétif was founded as Sitifis by the Romans on 1 AD. Later, it was occupied by the french in the 19th century, both french and romans leaving an undelible mark on the city. It's located in the Little Kabylie region, south of the Babor mountains. It's also known as the High-Plateau area, the city being over 1.100 meters over sea level.
Check my travelogue for more photos. It brings reminisces of the french occupation. Everything breathes history, from the Roman statues, arches, columns, to the lamposts, 4 sided clocks in many intersections, etc.
Check http://www.setif.info for more through info on the city. I copied the two following photos from there.
This is the main square monument; it's a restoration or copy of a roman sculpture, notice the woman and the fountain under it.
Look at the lamposts - all over the city there's signs of a glorious past.
- Pros:For adventure and history seekers - welcome to the real Algeria!
- Cons:Careful, turists are a rare sight, and has it's disadvantages
- In a nutshell:History and monumental city brimming with the greatest magrib hospitality
escuain's Related Pages
Setif Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Setif
- 1 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Setif?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Setif
Photos in SetifSee All Photos (12)
Top 5 Pages
- Setif Intro, 1 review, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Marino Intro, 2 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Wilaya de Setif Intro, 2 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Girona Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Escuaín Intro, 3 photos
No friends yet.