"If You Must" Los Angeles by LostBoyPN
Los Angeles Travel Guide: 4,623 reviews and 9,577 photos
I've lived in the Los Angeles area for the past six years. Let's just say... I've learned a lot.
There's definitely a lot to do here. If you're visiting, maybe you won't mind the snobbery. Or, if you do, just remember that you'll be able to go back home to normal folks soon.
While you're here, though, there are a few great things to do.
Santa Monica is the best. The beach is wide. The pier is fun. And Third Street Promenade has shops, restaurants, bars and clubs.
My favorite restaurant, however, is off 3rd Street. It's "Gate of India." Try the Chicken Tikka Masala and get ready for a taste explosion.
Rent some bikes and cruise down to Venice Beach (where the freaks hang out) or north to Malibu.
Hollywood & Highland is the new hip spot, if you're into the Hollywood scene. Again, shops, restaurants and bars are aplenty.
My recommendation for a romantic scene with a great view of Hollywood, is Yamashiro's. You can get some drinks and look out at the city.
Los Angeles is a very ehtnically diverse place. Here are some photos I took at an event celebrating the Mexican "Dia De Las Muertas" (Day of the Dead).
The cool thing was that the event took place on a bridge over the "L.A. River." As you can see from one of the photos... there isn't a river there!
But, this was a "winter" day and it shows you that if there aren't any clouds in the sky, the weather in LA is always nice.
This was a cool work of art. On the other side of that fence is a drop off the bridge and onto the freeway.
- Pros:Culturally diverse, great weather
- Cons:Traffic, smog, crowds
- In a nutshell:You can see beaches, mountains and all kinds of weird people
You really have to plan your days according to traffic patterns. If you're here during the week, anytime between 8 am... more travel advice
I watched the "Best Beaches" specials on the Travel Channel and was somewhat disappointed that LAs beaches were... more travel advice
LostBoyPN's Related Pages
Los Angeles Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- ""El Pueblo de la Reina de Los Angeles""
- "Getting at the Heart of L.A."
- "Coming to LA, see what all of SoCal has to offer!"
- "Los Angeles"
- "My Hometown: Los Angeles"
- "Gloss Angeles"
- "City of the Angels"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Los Angeles
- Hotels in Los Angeles
- Transportation in Los Angeles
- Nightlife in Los Angeles
- Restaurants in Los Angeles
- Shopping in Los Angeles
- Warnings and Dangers in Los Angeles
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Los Angeles
- 8 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Los Angeles?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Los Angeles
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 33 reviews, 72 photos
- Caye Caulker Intro, 32 reviews, 54 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bretagne Intro, 11 reviews, 36 photos
- Las Vegas Intro, 28 reviews, 8 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Pedro Intro, 9 reviews, 19 photos
- Antibes Intro, 5 reviews, 22 photos
- Florence Intro, 12 reviews, 14 photos
- Pays de la Loire Intro, 6 reviews, 20 photos
- Venice Intro, 6 reviews, 19 photos
- Miami Intro, 5 reviews, 17 photos