"Laid back and life-changing: Caye Caulker" Caye Caulker by LostBoyPN
Caye Caulker Travel Guide: 474 reviews and 940 photos
A lot of folks have asked me why I chose to go to Belize. Well, first and foremost, it was for the water. I wanted to see the clear blue waters of the Caribbean Sea. I was not disappointed. From the moment you leave the Marine Terminal in Belize City and whisked away on a Water Taxi, you are immersed in it. There wasn't a day that passed when I wasn't awed by the beauty of the sea.
I was fortunate enough to have gotten the Cabana at Trends Beachfront Hotel, which is right off the dock. Best of all, it only cost $40 a night! I spent much time sitting in my hammock or on chairs on the porch. There is also a "private" beach in front of the hotel and the water is a stone's throw away. I believe it was the best room you could get on the island.
Coming from Los Angeles, the fact that there were no cars in the street - people used golf carts or bikes to get around - was a godsend. I loved it. Sandy streets, sun, beach and water. I never once missed television or any of the other things we get used to in America. No cell phones, either. That was great.
- Pros:The island lifestyle here is slow and relaxed. No worries.
- In a nutshell:If you want to be refreshed and find what truly makes life good, go to Caye Caulker
There are so many bright colors everywhere on Caye Caulker. Orange (like the picture here) purple, blue, yellow,... more travel advice
There were many hours that I just sat somewhere and soaked in the beauty of the sea. It's just fine to do so on Caye... more travel advice
- Less is more
- Be nice... and patient
- See All Good for young, budget-minded...
- See All Just walk, please
LostBoyPN's Related Pages
Caye Caulker Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Something different under the sun!"
- "Caye Caulker - Ya Betta Belize It!"
- "I Miss Caye Caulker Already"
- "RELAXING IN PARADISE"
- "Caye Caulker"
- "Laid Back"
- "Laid back and life-changing: Caye Caulker"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Caye Caulker
- Hotels in Caye Caulker
- Transportation in Caye Caulker
- Nightlife in Caye Caulker
- Restaurants in Caye Caulker
- Shopping in Caye Caulker
- Warnings and Dangers in Caye Caulker
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Caye Caulker
- 32 Reviews
- 54 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Caye Caulker?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Caye Caulker
- Posted in Travel Ibiza Forum "Ferry to and Driving on Ibiza"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Swimming, snorkeling at the Split"
- updated a Caye Caulker Travelogue "Typical Day in Paradise"
- Wrote a Review Enjoy the colorful buildings in Caye Caulker Things to Do
- Commented on one of JetlagCity's Caye Caulker travel pages
Photos in Caye CaulkerSee All Photos (54)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 33 reviews, 72 photos
- Caye Caulker Intro, 32 reviews, 54 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bretagne Intro, 11 reviews, 36 photos
- Las Vegas Intro, 28 reviews, 8 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Pedro Intro, 9 reviews, 19 photos
- Antibes Intro, 5 reviews, 22 photos
- Florence Intro, 12 reviews, 14 photos
- Pays de la Loire Intro, 6 reviews, 20 photos
- Venice Intro, 6 reviews, 19 photos
- Miami Intro, 5 reviews, 17 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (1)
Latest Caye Caulker hotel reviews
- Maxhapan Cabanas
- 94 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 10, 2013
- Caye Caulker Condos
- 79 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 8, 2013
- De Real Macaw
- 124 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 4, 2013
- Yuma's House Belize ( also known as Tina's Backpacker's Hostel)
- 115 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 12, 2013
- Costa Maya Beach Cabanas
- 52 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 22, 2013
- Auxillou Beach Suites
- 32 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 10, 2013
- Tropical Paradise Hotel & Restaurant
- 82 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 25, 2013
- Mara's Place
- 37 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 17, 2013
- Seaside Cabanas
- 318 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 19, 2013
- Diane's Beach House
- 4 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 13, 2010
- Tom's Hotel
- 24 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 1, 2013