"Lamanai: Majestic Ruins via the New River" Lamanai by LostBoyPN
Lamanai Travel Guide: 22 reviews and 77 photos
From San Pedro, it took about 2 1/2 hours to get to Lamanai, but it was well worth it. The price of the day trip ($135 US) was high, but it was money well spent. First you take a boat to get to the mainland. Then you ride in a van along a bumpy road 'til you get the next stop to hop on another boat taking you up the New River. Alas you reach Lamanai and you're on foot through the ruins. I was placed with a group of "birders" from Oregon which actually made it a lot of fun 'cause we stopped for every bird we could. We saw 61 different species including my personal favorite, a Toucan.
- Pros:A taste of the history of Mayan life, along with plenty of jungle sights
- Cons:Long day trip from Northern Cayes
- In a nutshell:Do it, you won't regret it.
LostBoyPN's Related Pages
Lamanai Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Away from it all"
- "Lamanai: Majestic Ruins via the New River"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Lamanai
- Hotels in Lamanai
- Transportation in Lamanai
- Nightlife in Lamanai
- Restaurants in Lamanai
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Lamanai
- 0 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Lamanai?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lamanai
Photos in LamanaiSee All Photos (9)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 33 reviews, 72 photos
- Caye Caulker Intro, 32 reviews, 54 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bretagne Intro, 11 reviews, 36 photos
- Las Vegas Intro, 28 reviews, 8 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Pedro Intro, 9 reviews, 19 photos
- Antibes Intro, 5 reviews, 22 photos
- Florence Intro, 12 reviews, 14 photos
- Pays de la Loire Intro, 6 reviews, 20 photos
- Venice Intro, 6 reviews, 19 photos
- Miami Intro, 5 reviews, 17 photos