"Getting overcrowded, but had some appeal" Top 5 Page for this destination San Pedro by LostBoyPN
San Pedro Travel Guide: 74 reviews and 190 photos
In order to get away from the hustle and bustle of the village (see below), rent a bike and head for the north island. Ride along the coast and you'll soon be alone to enjoy the beach and the ocean. Although I didn't like San Pedro nearly as much as Caye Caulker, I did enjoy the north island.
San Pedro on Ambergris Caye is a stark contrast to Caye Caulker. For one thing, there are cars/vans on the small streets. And there are tons of golf carts whizzing by and people on bikes. In other words, it's a bit congested now. Folks who like staying in luxurious, expensive resorts will like it here. I found too many 40 year-olds who were trying to relive their high school days by being loud and obnoxious. Not my scene. But, if you're like that, then you'll like it here.
- Pros:The North Island and launch point for day trip to Lamanai
- Cons:Overcrowded and full of loud people
- In a nutshell:It's not terrible... it's just NOT Caye Caulker
After enjoying your private section of beach on the North Island, walk the pier to the Palapa Bar. Climb upstairs to the... more travel advice
Although pricey ($135 US + tips), the long trip to Lamanai on the mainland was well worth it. You take a boat to the... more travel advice
LostBoyPN's Related Pages
San Pedro Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "San Pedro, Ambergris Caye"
- "How do we get to "Jurrasic Park"?"
- "La Isla Bonita !"
- "Getting overcrowded, but had some appeal"
- "La Isla Bonita"
- "San Pedro"
- "Treasure Island"
- See All...
- Things to Do in San Pedro
- Hotels in San Pedro
- Transportation in San Pedro
- Nightlife in San Pedro
- Restaurants in San Pedro
- Shopping in San Pedro
- Warnings and Dangers in San Pedro
- See All...
Badges & Stats in San Pedro
- 9 Reviews
- 19 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to San Pedro?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in San Pedro
- updated a San Pedro Travel Page "Getting overcrowded, but had some appeal"
- Posted in Travel Ibiza Forum "Ferry to and Driving on Ibiza"
- Commented on one of lacole's San Pedro travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "Have a Belikin at Palapa Bar, North Island"
- Wrote a Review Have a Belikin at Palapa Bar, North Island in San Pedro Things to Do
Photos in San PedroSee All Photos (19)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 33 reviews, 72 photos
- Caye Caulker Intro, 32 reviews, 54 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bretagne Intro, 11 reviews, 36 photos
- Las Vegas Intro, 28 reviews, 8 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Pedro Intro, 9 reviews, 19 photos
- Antibes Intro, 5 reviews, 22 photos
- Florence Intro, 12 reviews, 14 photos
- Pays de la Loire Intro, 6 reviews, 20 photos
- Venice Intro, 6 reviews, 19 photos
- Miami Intro, 5 reviews, 17 photos