"Fresh air in the mountains" Mount Washington by Icemaiden02
Mount Washington Travel Guide: 8 reviews and 30 photos
Mount Washington is the highest peak in the American Northeast at 6,288 ft (1,917 m). It is famous for its dangerously erratic weather, holding the record for the highest wind gust directly measured at the Earth's surface, at 231 mi/h (372 km/h) on the afternoon of April 12, 1934. It was known as Agiocochook, or "home of the Great Spirit", before European settlers arrived.
The mountain is located in the Presidential Range of the White Mountains, and in Coos County, New Hampshire. It is the third highest state high point in the eastern U.S., after Mount Mitchell, North Carolina ? 6,684 ft (2,037 m) ? and Clingmans Dome, Tennessee ? 6,643 ft (2,025 m) ? and is the most prominent peak in the Eastern United States.
While nearly the whole mountain is in the White Mountain National Forest, an area of 59 acres (0.24 kmē) surrounding and including the summit is occupied by Mount Washington State Park.
- Pros:fresh air, great scenery
Icemaiden02's Related Pages
Mount Washington Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "View of summit from Lake of the Clouds"
- "Mount Washington National Forest, New Hampshire"
- "Fresh air in the mountains"
- "Mount Washington"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mount Washington
- Hotels in Mount Washington
- Warnings and Dangers in Mount Washington
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mount Washington
- 1 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Mount Washington?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mount Washington
Top 10 Pages
- Shanghai Intro, 16 reviews, 17 photos
- New York City Intro, 12 reviews, 8 photos
- New Jersey Intro, 10 reviews, 10 photos
- San Ignacio Intro, 12 reviews, 8 photos
- Orlando Intro, 10 reviews, 9 photos
- Caye Caulker Intro, 9 reviews, 8 photos
- Boston Intro, 4 reviews, 6 photos
- Portland Intro, 5 reviews, 5 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
- Maine Intro, 3 reviews, 3 photos