"Selcuk - History and Storks" Selcuk by duncanburt
Selcuk Travel Guide: 324 reviews and 867 photos
I'm affraid I do not know too much about this lovely Turkish town because I only managed to spend one day and night there, but the photo shows two of Selcuk's landmarks, the Artemis Goddess Statue / Fountain, with Selcuk Castle in the background on Ayasoluk Hill.
Also note the stork nest on top of the Statue - Selcuk is a popular nesting site for Storks during the summer months.
Selcuk is a great place to stay for a few days when visting Ephesus, which is only a few km away. Selcuk has everything you could want, an excellent museum, but I did not get time to visit it (maybe next time), the fine old St. John's Basilica, the Isa Bey Mosque, and of course the stork inhabited Byzantine aquaducts.
duncanburt's Related Pages
Selcuk Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Selchuk... CHOK GYUZEL!"
- "A GREAT LITTLE TOWN"
- "Diamonds in the Rough"
- "Selcuk and St. John Basilica"
- "EPHESUS – ROMAN CAPITAL OF ASIA"
- "Selcuk---Home to an Ancient Wonder of the World"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Selcuk
- Hotels in Selcuk
- Transportation in Selcuk
- Nightlife in Selcuk
- Restaurants in Selcuk
- Shopping in Selcuk
- Warnings and Dangers in Selcuk
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Selcuk
- 0 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Selcuk?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Selcuk
Photos in SelcukSee All Photos (10)
Top 5 Pages
- Dogubayazit Intro, 16 reviews, 33 photos, 3 travelogues
- Ankara Intro, 43 photos, 5 travelogues
- Kars Ili Intro, 1 review, 31 photos, 4 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 6 reviews, 25 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Turunc Intro, 5 reviews, 8 photos