"Welcome to Landshut!" Top 5 Page for this destination Landshut by LosiCa
Landshut Travel Guide: 119 reviews and 398 photos
Landshut is a delightful town just north-east of Munich. It is on the Isar River, and was once the capital of Lower Bavaria. The city was founded in 1204 and later became the residence of the dukes of Bavaria-Landshut in 1255. Overlooking the city is a picturesque 13th-century castle, Burg Trausnitz, with a lovely view of the city. This picture was taken from the castle.
St. Martin church has the tallest brick tower in the world.
My husband and I at the Landshut castle. On the lower left you can see the door to the castle's chapel, where my son and daughter-in-law were married.
- Pros:The frontispieces of the buildings in the city center are a must to see; the people are friendly; the atmosphere is unique.
- Cons:It's very crowded during the festival periods.
- In a nutshell:Landshut is a charming, quaint town and a pleasure to visit any time.
You've likely heard of the "Oktoberfest" in Munich, but do you know about the "Landshuter Hochzeit" in Landshut,... more travel advice
LosiCa's Related Pages
Landshut Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Landshut & a historic marriage of 1475 AD"
- "City of Steep History"
- "Historical town of Landshut in Eastern Bavaria"
- "Welcome to Landshut!"
- "A two day visit"
- "An afternoon in Landshut"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Landshut
- Hotels in Landshut
- Transportation in Landshut
- Nightlife in Landshut
- Restaurants in Landshut
- Warnings and Dangers in Landshut
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Landshut
- 2 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Landshut?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Landshut
- Moena Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Landshut Intro, 2 reviews, 7 photos, 1 travelogue