"Moena - Mushroom hunting in the Alps" Moena by LosiCa
Moena Travel Guide: 6 reviews and 16 photos
Moena is a charming little town in the Fassa Valley, nestled under the Dolomite Mountains in Trentino/Alto Adige, Italy. It is small but bustling, quiet but full of activities, and close to all kinds of quick trips or daily excursions. We went for a long weekend to hunt the fantastic "porcino" mushrooms found in the nearby forests, and we were lucky enough to have lovely weather for it all the time we were there!
This is the town center where one can find many nice shops, a pharmacy where the personnel is very friendly, the tourist office with many suggestions to offer, etc. During the summer, this little train takes you on a tour of the town.
On leaving Moena to go up the valley towards Canazei, in the distance you can get the breathtaking view of a mountain top in the Catinaccio Group called "Sasso Lungo," (Long Rock).
- Pros:Small town but with lots to do (not like many with only hotels or "bed and breakfasts" but no activities to walk to); clean and picturesque; healthy air, lovely landscapes, good food, nice shops.
- Cons:Most of the towns along the valley are on the main road, and Moena is no exception. Some accommodations can be a bit noisy in the tourist seasons.
- In a nutshell:All you could want in a mountain vacation.
The season for mushrooms lasts all summer and into the fall. You must be sure you know what you're looking for, so as... more travel advice
In all the area, flowered balconies abound. Some can be just breathtaking for arrangements and colors. It's something... more travel advice
LosiCa's Related Pages
Moena Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "An Unknown Turkish Festival in Moena - Italy"
- "Moena - Mushroom hunting in the Alps"
- "Moena - Passo Pordoi"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Moena
- 4 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Moena?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Moena
- Moena Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Landshut Intro, 2 reviews, 7 photos, 1 travelogue