"montenegrian spa" Igalo by atrosanguinea
Igalo Travel Guide: 6 reviews and 15 photos
The town of Igalo and its neighbor Herceg Novi are tucked away in a scenic cove on the south-west shore of the Bay of Kotor. Dramatically situated at the foothills of mountain Orjen (1894m) this place has been a major crossroad of civilizations.
Ancient Greeks, Romans, and Illyrians had their settlements in the bay and on the overlooking hills.
From that time on all the major powers of the region such as Byzantines, Medieval Slavic Tribes, Venetians, Spaniards, Turks, French and Austro-Hungarians had occupied and ruled the territory of the Bay.
All these different rulers and cultures, different armies, religious and ethnic groups have left an indelible mark, not only on local architecture, but also on the way of life and mentality of local people.
really nice place. we enjoyed sunny afternoon on the beach, looking at the sea and the entrance to Boka Kotorska bay more travel advice
atrosanguinea's Related Pages
Igalo Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Igalo
- 2 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Igalo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Igalo
Photos in IgaloSee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Former Republic of Serbia and Montenegro Intro, 64 reviews, 67 photos
- Belgrade Intro, 56 reviews, 67 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jahorina Intro, 24 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bijeljina Intro, 15 reviews, 33 photos, 2 travelogues
- Zemun Intro, 13 reviews, 13 photos
- Podgorica Intro, 11 reviews, 12 photos
- Herceg-Novi Intro, 9 reviews, 12 photos
- Baosici Intro, 6 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Otocic Mamula Intro, 8 reviews, 11 photos
- Banostor Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos