"Something Different" Desert Hot Springs by suzyav8trix
Desert Hot Springs Travel Guide: 16 reviews and 35 photos
My husband and I traveled to Desert Hot Springs via Palm Springs in May 2004, just before Memorial Day weekend.
You see, my mother had passed away in March 2004 and I was needing to "get away". But I didn't want any stress. We found a great deal at a little resort called Living Waters Spa. (see my hotel tips for add'l LWS info) This place is about a 20 minute drive from the Palm Springs airport. It's small, with only 9 rooms. It has natural mineral water piped into the spa at about 100 degrees that then flows into the swimming pool which stays around 80 degrees. The rooms have a fridge and microwave -- some have kitchenettes. But there are no televisions or telephones. I also had one of the very best massages I have ever had (thx Jeff!)
This was the place I needed to be at this time in my life. I became grouded again and reconnected with my hubby. I'd go back in a heartbeat.
- Pros:Nothing to do -- but that was the point
- Cons:Dining options in DHS were a bit lacking...
- In a nutshell:The right place, at the right time - you'll know when
suzyav8trix's Related Pages
Desert Hot Springs Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Desert Hot Springs...Al Capone's hideaway?"
- "Budget Golf - Luxury Condo"
- "Swingin Desert Hipsters Baby!"
- "Something Different"
- "Desert Hot Springs"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Desert Hot Springs
- 1 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Desert Hot Springs?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Desert Hot Springs
Top 5 Pages
- Toulouse Intro, 4 reviews, 6 photos
- Seattle Intro, 3 reviews, 3 photos
- Phoenix Intro, 5 reviews, 1 photo
- Paris Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos, 1 travelogue
- Dallas Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
No friends yet.