"Something Different" Desert Hot Springs by suzyav8trix

Desert Hot Springs Travel Guide: 16 reviews and 35 photos

I needed something very relaxing...

My husband and I traveled to Desert Hot Springs via Palm Springs in May 2004, just before Memorial Day weekend.

You see, my mother had passed away in March 2004 and I was needing to "get away". But I didn't want any stress. We found a great deal at a little resort called Living Waters Spa. (see my hotel tips for add'l LWS info) This place is about a 20 minute drive from the Palm Springs airport. It's small, with only 9 rooms. It has natural mineral water piped into the spa at about 100 degrees that then flows into the swimming pool which stays around 80 degrees. The rooms have a fridge and microwave -- some have kitchenettes. But there are no televisions or telephones. I also had one of the very best massages I have ever had (thx Jeff!)

This was the place I needed to be at this time in my life. I became grouded again and reconnected with my hubby. I'd go back in a heartbeat.

• Pros:Nothing to do -- but that was the point
  • Cons:Dining options in DHS were a bit lacking...
  • In a nutshell:The right place, at the right time - you'll know when
  • Last visit to Desert Hot Springs: May 2004
  • Intro Updated Mar 28, 2005

• keida84's Profile Photo
    Mar 28, 2005 at 3:55 PM

I love DHS and your motel is one for the books! I enjoyed reading your tip you have a nice writing style. Cheers, Kat

suzyav8trix

“I'll go just about anywhwere, at least once.”

Badges & Stats in Desert Hot Springs

Have you been to Desert Hot Springs?

Latest Activity in Desert Hot Springs