"A safe harbour in the middle of the Atlantic" Ilha do Faial by bambino36
Ilha do Faial Travel Guide: 17 reviews and 33 photos
Let's hope that our children, in twenty years from now, still have green grass to their naked feet, some pure air to their lungs, some blue water to sail and the tail of a whale on the horizon to fulfill their dreams. These words, by Jean Jacques Cousteau, truly apply to this archipelago and to this island in particular.
The main attraction in this island is in fact a pub. Cafe Peter's Sport is a meeting place for sailors that are crossing the Atlantic.
Some other things in the island worth a visit, the beautiful nature scenery, the Capelinhos Volcano and during the first week of August there's a festival called "Semana do Mar" and the island really gets busy and alive.
bambino36's Related Pages
Ilha do Faial Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Ilha do Faial"
- "Horta Town - Marina"
- "A safe harbour in the middle of the Atlantic"
- "FAIAL island"
- "Faial Of Beautiful Sea"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ilha do Faial
- Hotels in Ilha do Faial
- Transportation in Ilha do Faial
- Restaurants in Ilha do Faial
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ilha do Faial
- 1 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Ilha do Faial?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ilha do Faial
Top 10 Pages
- Lisbon Intro, 49 reviews, 55 photos
- Berlin Intro, 16 reviews, 42 photos
- Copenhagen Intro, 15 reviews, 37 photos
- Tallinn Intro, 16 reviews, 36 photos
- Porto Intro, 24 reviews, 26 photos
- Brugge Intro, 16 reviews, 28 photos
- Bayona Intro, 20 reviews, 22 photos
- Sintra Intro, 19 reviews, 21 photos
- Valença Intro, 19 reviews, 21 photos
- Torres Vedras Intro, 18 reviews, 20 photos