"Funchal" Funchal by bambino36
Funchal Travel Guide: 511 reviews and 1,065 photos
Funchal is located in the portuguese Island of Madeira, off the coast of Africa and north of Canary Islands.
Funchal still is, in the archipelago, the place where the hotels, restaurants and cultural heritage is concentrated.
A lot has changed in the landscape, mostly due to constructions that narrowed the view to the beautiful Funchal Bay. But not everything done was wrong. The improvement of the quality of life of its citizens and the recovery of the city's historical center are examples of it. However, recovering the historical center is not enough if the urban chaos that is installed in the name of tourism is allowed.
Anyway, apart from the errors, fortunately Funchal is changing, little by little (mentality doesn't change in one day), and in the near future I'm sure we will see a different city respecting it's culture and traditions and adapting them to the new century.
The weather is great all the year around. Maybe during winter a light jacket or a sweater can be useful at night. more travel advice
The balloon goes up til 150 meters and you can enjoy the view over Funchal. more travel advice
bambino36's Related Pages
Funchal Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Funchal - You can feel nature all around you"
- "Funchal Impressions"
- "Fabulous Funchal"
- "Amphitheatre around a beautiful bay."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Funchal
- Hotels in Funchal
- Transportation in Funchal
- Nightlife in Funchal
- Restaurants in Funchal
- Shopping in Funchal
- Warnings and Dangers in Funchal
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Funchal
- 10 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (28)
Have you been to Funchal?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Funchal
Photos in FunchalSee All Photos (12)
Top 10 Pages
- Lisbon Intro, 49 reviews, 55 photos
- Berlin Intro, 16 reviews, 42 photos
- Copenhagen Intro, 15 reviews, 37 photos
- Tallinn Intro, 16 reviews, 36 photos
- Porto Intro, 24 reviews, 26 photos
- Brugge Intro, 16 reviews, 28 photos
- Bayona Intro, 20 reviews, 22 photos
- Sintra Intro, 19 reviews, 21 photos
- Valença Intro, 19 reviews, 21 photos
- Torres Vedras Intro, 18 reviews, 20 photos