"Noble Town with pleasant woods" Sintra by bambino36
Sintra Travel Guide: 529 reviews and 2,121 photos
Afonso Lopes Vieira, a portuguese poet, wrote: "In Portugal, Sintra stands out as the loveliest, rarest places that nature's prodigious hand has created".
I say that he must be right. Sintra seems something that only could exist in fairy tales... however it does exist and it's there waiting for our eyes to admire it's beauty.
Arriving to Sintra, or the Moon Mountain as it is also known, is like entering another dimension, another time, another world. Not only for the historical precious heritage and century-old buildings, but also for the air to breath, the sound of the wind, the face of the old trees, the light cutted by it's leafs on the winding and narrow roads, free and mystical, that turn to be the most precious thing in Sintra.
I cannot explain it's nature or the melody that I almost can hear when climbing the mountain, but it's easy to understand the history of a King that one day when passing by felt inlove with Sintra.
Sintra is not far from Lisbon and by train is around half an hour away.
The most important landmarks in Sintra are the Pena National Palace, Sintra National Palace, the moorish Castle and Quinta da Regaleira. There are more palaces nearby Sintra, like Monserrate Palace, Seteais Palace (which is an hotel today) and the Town Hall, that worth a visit.
I especially recommend a visit to the gardens both of Quinta da Regaleira and Quinta de Monserrate
The gardens are filled with different kinds of vegetation from different parts of the world amongst waterfalls, small... more travel advice
This lawn, built in the second half of the 19th century, was the first in Portugal to have an irrigation system enabling... more travel advice
bambino36's Related Pages
Sintra Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Freshness near Lisbon"
- "The Pinnacle of Portugal !"
- "Keeweechic's Sintra"
- "Magic Town"
- "Sintra, Portugal"
- "THE NOBLE TOWN OF SINTRA"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sintra
- Hotels in Sintra
- Transportation in Sintra
- Nightlife in Sintra
- Restaurants in Sintra
- Shopping in Sintra
- Warnings and Dangers in Sintra
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Sintra
- 19 Reviews
- 21 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Sintra?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sintra
- Posted in Travel Europe Forum "RE: RE: New Years Eve in Central..."
- updated a Sintra Travel Page "Noble Town with pleasant woods"
- Commented on one of chrissyalex's Sintra travel pages
- Wrote a Review Monserrate Gardens about Monserrate Palace in Sintra Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Monserrate Gardens"
Photos in SintraSee All Photos (21)
Top 10 Pages
- Lisbon Intro, 49 reviews, 55 photos
- Berlin Intro, 16 reviews, 42 photos
- Copenhagen Intro, 15 reviews, 37 photos
- Tallinn Intro, 16 reviews, 36 photos
- Porto Intro, 24 reviews, 26 photos
- Brugge Intro, 16 reviews, 28 photos
- Bayona Intro, 20 reviews, 22 photos
- Sintra Intro, 19 reviews, 21 photos
- Valença Intro, 19 reviews, 21 photos
- Torres Vedras Intro, 18 reviews, 20 photos
Latest Sintra hotel reviews
- 93 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 17, 2013
- Penha Longa Hotel & Golf Resort
- 255 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 18, 2013
- Hotel Tivoli Palacio de Seteais
- 108 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 20, 2013
- Quinta de Sao Thiago
- 22 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 5, 2012
- Quinta das Sequoias
- 1 Review & Opinion
- Central Hotel
- 1 Review & Opinion
- Tivoli Sintra
- 137 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 3, 2013
- Pestana Sintra Golf Resort and Spa Hotel
- 40 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 26, 2013
- Quinta da Capela
- 19 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 1, 2009