"Contrasta, the village opposed to another" Valença by bambino36
Valença Travel Guide: 17 reviews and 49 photos
This stronghold was populated by order of D. Sancho I during the 12th century. It was called Contrasta which means "village opposed to another", Tui (Spain) in this case. D. Afonso III changed it's name to Valença in the 13th century.
The interesting things to visit are mainly inside this fortress looking down to the Minho river and Spain.
Valença is located in the north of Portugal near the Minho river, 25 Km from the Atlantic Ocean
Besides the breath-taking views, there's a small park where the tree shadows are really helpfull to relax on a hot day more travel advice
In 1879 Portugal and Spain agreed to construct this bi-functional (road and train) bridge. The bridge was built inspired... more travel advice
bambino36's Related Pages
Valença Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Contrasta, the village opposed to another"
- "Spirit of Restoradores is still present here!"
- "Valenca, Portugal"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Valença
- 19 Reviews
- 21 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Valença?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Valença
Photos in ValençaSee All Photos (21)
Top 10 Pages
- Lisbon Intro, 49 reviews, 55 photos
- Berlin Intro, 16 reviews, 42 photos
- Copenhagen Intro, 15 reviews, 37 photos
- Tallinn Intro, 16 reviews, 36 photos
- Porto Intro, 24 reviews, 26 photos
- Brugge Intro, 16 reviews, 28 photos
- Bayona Intro, 20 reviews, 22 photos
- Sintra Intro, 19 reviews, 21 photos
- Valença Intro, 19 reviews, 21 photos
- Torres Vedras Intro, 18 reviews, 20 photos