"Bayona" Bayona by bambino36
Bayona Travel Guide: 21 reviews and 51 photos
Bayona is synonymous of sheltering harbour, the first of many moments in history, and a lesson that the sea was always, through time, the way to discoveries.
On the first of March, the Fiesta de la Arribada, in Bayona is celebrated the arrival of the caravel Pinta to this harbour with the first news of the New World.
This location was strategically important in the past and the testimony of that fact are the numerous attacks it has suffered, normands, Almanzor, turks, Drake.... To defend against those attacks it was built a powerful fortress. The Castle of Monte Real still maintains more than 3Km of fortified walls. The large interior allows the existence of gardens and several buildings, including the Parador de Turismo.
Bayona is located in a beautiful natural bay with several white sand beaches and calm but relatively cold waters. The scenery is completed with the Cies Islands in front of the bay.
Bayona is located in Galicia, about 30Km from the border with Portugal and 20Km west of Vigo.
The first thing we see when arriving to Bayona is the sea, the bay, the ria and of course the marine front with the... more travel advice
Over a group of rocks in the highest area of the village can be found this Cross that was built in the 15th... more travel advice
bambino36's Related Pages
Bayona Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bayona (Baiona), Spain"
- "Baiona, Galiza, Espanha / Bayona, Galicia, España"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bayona
- 20 Reviews
- 22 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Bayona?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bayona
Photos in BayonaSee All Photos (22)
Top 10 Pages
- Lisbon Intro, 49 reviews, 55 photos
- Berlin Intro, 16 reviews, 42 photos
- Copenhagen Intro, 15 reviews, 37 photos
- Tallinn Intro, 16 reviews, 36 photos
- Porto Intro, 24 reviews, 26 photos
- Brugge Intro, 16 reviews, 28 photos
- Bayona Intro, 20 reviews, 22 photos
- Sintra Intro, 19 reviews, 21 photos
- Valença Intro, 19 reviews, 21 photos
- Torres Vedras Intro, 18 reviews, 20 photos