"City of Pines and Mums" Top 5 Page for this destination Baguio City by yellowbell
Baguio City Travel Guide: 851 reviews and 2,481 photos
In Marcos highway, a giant lion structure will welcome you to Baguio.
Baguio is a favorite summer vacation spot of Filipinos because of it's cool mountain climate not found anywhere in the Philippines. Baguio is dubbed as the City of Pines and also known for the abundance of flowers and vegetables.
Tip: If 5-6 hours of bus trip is too much for you, take a break halfway on your roadtrip at Tarlac's Isdaan Floating Restaurant. Maybe you can do this if you're going taking a private transport to Baguio as I believe there's no accommodation nearby.
Refreshed with the cool mountain climate and wants to know what else can be seen for an overnight stay? You have two options:
1) Head down to Pangasinan for a cool dip in it's numerous beaches or do a pilgrimage to the miraculous Our Lady of Manaoag.
2) Head down further north to Vigan for a historical tour of a century-old Spanish enclave .
Come and pick those roses and mums! Lettuce and strawberries also abound in an off-the-beaten path like La Trinidad, Benguet.
- Pros:cool mountain climate
- Cons:landslides during rainy season
- In a nutshell:More than Pine Trees!
Now as I bend down, I'm humming this song to myself: Let me take you down, 'cause I'm going to strawberry... more travel advice
Across The Mansion is Wright Park (walk down the long flight stairs to reach the rotunda) which locals commonly refer to... more travel advice
yellowbell's Related Pages
Baguio City Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Baguio city"
- "Baguio Today"
- "Baguio City - It's a "cool" place"
- "City of Pines and Mums"
- "Baguio For Christmas Break"
- "Summer Capital of the Philippines"
- "i see pine trees of green, red roses too"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Baguio City
- Hotels in Baguio City
- Transportation in Baguio City
- Nightlife in Baguio City
- Restaurants in Baguio City
- Shopping in Baguio City
- Warnings and Dangers in Baguio City
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Baguio City
- 13 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (20)
Have you been to Baguio City?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Baguio City
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination City of Manila Intro, 21 reviews, 41 photos, 1 travelogue
- Denver Intro, 12 reviews, 39 photos, 4 travelogues
- Makati Intro, 14 reviews, 24 photos, 3 travelogues
- Seoul Intro, 11 reviews, 19 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baguio City Intro, 13 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Shanghai Shi Intro, 10 reviews, 16 photos
- Boracay Island Intro, 11 reviews, 14 photos
- Corregidor Island Intro, 5 reviews, 20 photos, 2 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 12 reviews, 11 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Davao Intro, 9 reviews, 13 photos