"Cebu: An International Hub" Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Cebu by yellowbell
Province of Cebu Travel Guide: 736 reviews and 2,056 photos
Beverly Hills where the Taoist Temple is located is home to affluent Cebuano-Chinese families.
On the picture is the Marcelo B. Fernan Bridge. It is said to be the world’s longest center span extra-dosed cable stayed bridge. It connects Mactan Island (where the Cebu International Airport is) and Mandaue city (part of the main island of Cebu). It somehow reminds me of the Tsing Ma Bridge in Hongkong because they're both close to the airport and have busy ports underneath.
Next to Makati, Cebu is my favorite city in the south. It has all the amenities of a modern city, close proximity to the beach and that well-known Visayan charm (less chaotic and friendlier than Manila). Even Cebu's SM Department Store rivals that of the SM Megamall (Mandaluyong) in terms of size. It's Ayala Center, another department store, boasts of international clothes brands. Big companies in Manila would usually have their branches in Cebu. Most of all, I love Cebu because it serves as my jump off point to the other islands in the Visayas and Mindanao and has direct flights to Hongkong and Singapore. Dumaguete, Bohol, Ormoc and Bacolod can be reached comfortably by a ferry.
- Pros:modern city, an international hub, rich in Spanish history, beach
Taoist temple is on a hill and gives you a view of the bungalows of rich Chinese. But if you want a view of distant... more travel advice
I stayed here overnight and I must say this place is absolutely convenient for business travellers and for those who... more travel advice
yellowbell's Related Pages
Province of Cebu Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Charming City of Cebu"
- "Queen City of the North"
- "CEBU Heritage Tour"
- "Cebu: An International Hub"
- "SUNNY CEBU c",)"
- "Begger's paradise"
- "Plenty to love about this place"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Province of Cebu
- Hotels in Province of Cebu
- Transportation in Province of Cebu
- Nightlife in Province of Cebu
- Restaurants in Province of Cebu
- Shopping in Province of Cebu
- Warnings and Dangers in Province of Cebu
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Province of Cebu
- 10 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (20)
Have you been to Province of Cebu?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Province of Cebu
- Posted in Travel Bangkok Forum "Re: Visiting Vivanmek + train..."
- updated a Province of Cebu Travel Page "Cebu: An International Hub"
- Commented on one of bike_packer's Province of Cebu travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "Cebu: An International Hub"
- Wrote a Review Top of Cebu in Province of Cebu Things to Do
Photos in Province of CebuSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination City of Manila Intro, 21 reviews, 41 photos, 1 travelogue
- Denver Intro, 12 reviews, 39 photos, 4 travelogues
- Makati Intro, 14 reviews, 24 photos, 3 travelogues
- Seoul Intro, 11 reviews, 19 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baguio City Intro, 13 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Shanghai Shi Intro, 10 reviews, 16 photos
- Boracay Island Intro, 11 reviews, 14 photos
- Corregidor Island Intro, 5 reviews, 20 photos, 2 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 12 reviews, 11 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Davao Intro, 9 reviews, 13 photos