"Bright Lights of Shanghai" Top 5 Page for this destination Shanghai Shi by yellowbell

Shanghai Shi Travel Guide: 3,431 reviews and 9,118 photos

Shanghai Dreams in Living Color

Not to be missed when visiting Shanghai are two things: 1) Huang Pu River cruise to see a row of colonial buildings, collectively known as the Bund and 2) Charming Shanghai Acrobat Show. For directions to these two attractions, please check out my article How to be chic as you cruise around Shanghai

Skyline of Pudong Area

This was taken in a Shanghai restaurant (tour guide cannot give me the name in English) but it shows the skyline of Pudong, being dominated by the Oriental Pearl Tower.

My frustration when I went to Shanghai was not being able to visit Song Ling's mansion. The tour guide said it was closed for a year for renovation. I was so looking forward to seeing her mansion because I was fascinated when I watched the movie Song sisters (the oldest was married to a businessman, middle child to Chiang Kai Shek, and the youngest to Sun Yat Sen). That movie showed how the 3 sisters grew up in politically unsettled China, with Shanghai and Hongkong beginning to gain prominence in world economy/finance.

• Pros:shopping, gardens, high-rise apartments, countless rings of skyways
  • Cons:smog
  • Last visit to Shanghai Shi: Feb 2007
  • Intro Updated Sep 17, 2009

• lindyz's Profile Photo
    Jun 29, 2009 at 5:08 PM

Good Shanghai tips also. Will be spending 7 nights here in September, we were booked into the Holiday Inn you stayed at, but changed to a more central Hotel. Thanx for sharing :)

• junecorlett's Profile Photo
    Mar 10, 2009 at 8:38 AM

Good tips, Shanghai not on our travel list. Closest I have been is Hong Kong..loved it!

• sayedaburas's Profile Photo
    Feb 27, 2007 at 11:17 PM

Best of luck (~_~)

• moonlighting's Profile Photo
    Feb 26, 2007 at 10:09 PM

Thanks for sharing! China (old China) is a dream destination for me!!!

• i-s-a's Profile Photo
    Feb 18, 2007 at 5:46 PM

I miss my mom more upon seeing your beautiful photo with your mom. Will be checking this page for more tips and photos.

yellowbell

“Step out of your comfort zone and expand your borders.”

Badges & Stats in Shanghai Shi

Have you been to Shanghai Shi?

Latest Activity in Shanghai Shi