"Ah Boracay of my dreams!" Boracay Island by yellowbell
Boracay Island Travel Guide: 1,627 reviews and 4,505 photos
On the Sunday that we were there, kids flocked to the Grotto to bring flowers and pray to the image of the Virgin Mary.
Boracay does not need any introduction to beach bums! It's on every one's itinerary, locals and foreigners alike. Prices have then skyrocketed and the place has become bustling with nightlife.
Boracay beach is part of the province of Aklan and can be reached from Manila via a plane to Kalibo city, a bus to Caticlan and then a ferry to the island. Some flights go directly to Caticlan.
A lot has changed in Boracay since I've been there, 7 years ago.
D'Mall houses a row of convenience stores, souvenir shops, restaurants (Mongkok Dimsum, Hobbit House), telecomms companies like Globe and Sun (for every Pinoy's constant companion - a cellphone!).
But you've come to Boracay not for those amenities but for it's famous WHITE-SAND BEACH and of course WATER SPORTS!
- Pros:white sand beach
- Cons:rough banca ride from Caticlan, touristy
- In a nutshell:No. 1 Tropical Beach
The restaurant delights customers with good food (Filipino and American food) in generous portions , has a cozy ambiance... more travel advice
We didn't go to the spa to get a massage but to try the restaurant but my carnivore sweetie was disappointed with his... more travel advice
yellowbell's Related Pages
Boracay Island Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Island Life"
- "Mabuhay, Welcome to Boracay!"
- "Yielding To The Call Of The Islands"
- "Boracay Barefootin'"
- "Paradise in my backyard"
- "My longest VT meet"
- "Honeymoon in Boracay.."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Boracay Island
- Hotels in Boracay Island
- Transportation in Boracay Island
- Nightlife in Boracay Island
- Restaurants in Boracay Island
- Shopping in Boracay Island
- Warnings and Dangers in Boracay Island
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Boracay Island
- 11 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Boracay Island?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Boracay Island
Photos in Boracay IslandSee All Photos (14)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination City of Manila Intro, 21 reviews, 41 photos, 1 travelogue
- Denver Intro, 12 reviews, 39 photos, 4 travelogues
- Makati Intro, 14 reviews, 24 photos, 3 travelogues
- Seoul Intro, 11 reviews, 19 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baguio City Intro, 13 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Shanghai Shi Intro, 10 reviews, 16 photos
- Boracay Island Intro, 11 reviews, 14 photos
- Corregidor Island Intro, 5 reviews, 20 photos, 2 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 12 reviews, 11 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Davao Intro, 9 reviews, 13 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (54)
Latest Boracay Island hotel reviews
- Monaco Suites de Boracay
- 105 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 19, 2013
- Gran Prix Boracay Hideaway
- 15 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 23, 2013
- Ocean Breeze Inn Boracay
- 100 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 8, 2013
- Boracay Royal Park Hotel
- 55 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 3, 2013
- La Isla Bonita Resort
- 49 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 13, 2013
- Nigi Nigi Nu Noos E Nu Nu Noos
- 158 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 18, 2013
- Panorama Resort
- 13 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 29, 2013
- The Strand Boracay Resort
- 69 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 18, 2013
- Island Jewel Inn
- 172 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 8, 2013
- Boracay Beach Chalets
- 11 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Aug 21, 2013
- Bans Beach Resort
- 34 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 23, 2013
- SandCastles Boracay Resort
- 37 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 4, 2013
- Calypso Diving Resort
- 22 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 9, 2013
- Boracay Gold Crowne Resort
- 12 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 27, 2013
- Hotel Villa Sunset Boracay
- 29 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 25, 2013