"Central Business District" Makati by yellowbell
Makati Travel Guide: 547 reviews and 2,181 photos
Makati, being the central business district, you'd find tall buildings and people in corporate clothes rushing to a different rhythm. Maybe you'd bump into me one time because this is where I work!
People use elevated walkway that connects one office building/ mall/parking area to another. The elevated covered walkway stretches throughout the whole of Ayala Avenue.
If you fancy riding a jeep or bus, remember there is a separate loading and unloading zone for commuters. You cannot just hail a cab nor make the bus/jeep stop except in designated zones.
For an overview of what to see in Manila, the capital of the Philippines, do check out my article "How to beat the heat in Manila"
Foremost among the attractions in the heart of Makati is the upscale shopping mall called Ayala Center (named after the prominent Ayala family, owner of Bank of the Philippine Islands, Globe Telecommunications etc.). Ayala Center is composed of Glorietta Malls and Greenbelt Mall. Filipinos, lighthearted as they are, love to wine, dine and watch movies.
We've elevated malling as part of our daily exercise routine. Who needs the gym if walking around the numerous malls can burn as much calories?
To get a snapshot of the Philippine's 400 year-history without leaving the comforts of Makati, visit the Ayala Museum.
The park is surrounded by coffee shops like Seattle's Best, Cafe Havana, and the ubiquitous Star Bucks. The place comes alive at night with acoustic music in its al fresco bars/restaurants.
- Pros:Everything is here - head offices of big corporations, malls, exclusive restaurants/shops
- Cons:bad traffic
- In a nutshell:Work hard, party harder!
Aside from Filipinos' love for basketball, we also love to sing. That was why, on my despedida de soltera, my friends... more travel advice
Within the compound of Fort Bonifacio, a fast emerging growth area, is Market Market. Fort Bonifacio will soon rival... more travel advice
yellowbell's Related Pages
Makati Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Makati CBD, My Urban Refuge"
- "Buzzin' 7 days a week"
- "MAKATI CITY"
- "Makati City: From Swamp To Swanky Metropolis"
- "Mabuhay, Welcome to Makati City!"
- "Central Business District"
- "Makati is Home"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Makati
- Hotels in Makati
- Transportation in Makati
- Nightlife in Makati
- Restaurants in Makati
- Shopping in Makati
- Warnings and Dangers in Makati
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Makati
- 14 Reviews
- 24 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Makati?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Makati
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination City of Manila Intro, 21 reviews, 41 photos, 1 travelogue
- Denver Intro, 12 reviews, 39 photos, 4 travelogues
- Makati Intro, 14 reviews, 24 photos, 3 travelogues
- Seoul Intro, 11 reviews, 19 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baguio City Intro, 13 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Shanghai Shi Intro, 10 reviews, 16 photos
- Boracay Island Intro, 11 reviews, 14 photos
- Corregidor Island Intro, 5 reviews, 20 photos, 2 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 12 reviews, 11 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Davao Intro, 9 reviews, 13 photos